Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

Kessler Run - A GiantBomb EU/US SWTOR Guild

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#351  Edited By matt

Hey guys I think we're going to try and do some raiding tonight so 50s get hype!

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#352  Edited By Wuddel

@Matt said:

Hey guys I think we're going to try and do some raiding tonight so 50s get hype!

How did it go?

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#353  Edited By matt

@Wuddel: It got better with each attempt but the boss was bugged and we couldn't go on.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Good luck (have bothans) you guys. Are you doing the 8 man normals or the hard modes?

I played Wow for like 2 years and never raided (I was in a guild that was farming Kara but I never actually went). I'm excited to actually see that content for the first time in my MMO career. We only have 4-5 Bothans at 50 right now, another dozen or so in the mid 40s.

joel221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#355  Edited By joel221

Hey all. Is the guild full? I'm thinking about rolling up a character on Mind Trick just for this purpose, but I won't if you don't have room.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#356  Edited By CL60

@joel221 said:

Hey all. Is the guild full? I'm thinking about rolling up a character on Mind Trick just for this purpose, but I won't if you don't have room.

Go Republic! The empire guild has almost 500, or 500, and the Republic one only has 190.

joel221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#357  Edited By joel221

@CL60: Thanks for the advice. I've already played a bit on the Republic side, but sounds like GLHB needs have more Bothans. ;)

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#358  Edited By Brackynews

Alrighty, so I've teched up 4 classes to Sprint, seen all of the origin stories I absolutely need to see, and have to pick my main now. Flipping a coin between Bounty Hunter and Inquisitor. Love the Inq storyline, but very much enjoy the BH combat and want to try speccing out as a pyro or missile boat.

Any votes/recommendations for how much fun you've had at levels 30-40 with either a BH or Inq? Once I get that far I'll be locked in for endgame.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#359  Edited By Mirado

@Brackynews: I have a 40 BH merc, and while the story can be a bit...stale (you obviously spend a lot of time tracking down and killing dudes over and over, but I kind of like building my reputation up like that), it's really starting to pick up where I'm at now. As for the actual combat, I went full Arsenal and while you are going to get quite familiar with whatever key you have Tracer Missile bound to, it's quite fun. Nothing beats Death From Above for quickly clearing out groups of standard enemies, and once you get Heatseaker Missiles your burst damage just goes through the roof (3x tracer, heatseaker, unload, 2x tracer, railshot usually melts any non-tanking or non-protected person in PVP in about 10 seconds).

Plus, you get Mako, who I think is the best overall companion (good heals, channeled stun later on), or at least the best first companion.

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360  Edited By matt

@CL60 said:

@joel221 said:

Go Republic! The empire guild has almost 500, or 500, and the Republic one only has 190.

Hey no member snatching! Go out of here you bothan bastards!

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#361  Edited By CL60

@Matt said:

@CL60 said:

@joel221 said:

Hey no member snatching! Go out of here you bothan bastards!

But we need it!!

Quantical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#362  Edited By Quantical

Oh man, I've been playing on the EU servers seeing as I'm English. Think I'll roll a character on this server just to see how things go though. East coast pings are fine for me. Not as good as the Euro servers but that goes without saying really. I'll level something up later then check you guys out. I'm often up late UK time anyway.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#363  Edited By Wuddel

Do we have a altguild, already? Maybe we should all join a custom chat channel "giantbomb" or something.

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#364  Edited By matt

@Wuddel: I know of no such guild. I need to do a guild clean up and make some more room for members.

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365  Edited By matt

Ok guys I had to remove everyone that was below level 10. If you were removed due to this please don't worry! Once you hit level 10 you can be invited back into the guild. Also there is a new alt rule. One alt per person. If you have more than one alt please remove them yourself.

Moreau_MD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366  Edited By Moreau_MD

@Matt said:

Ok guys I had to remove everyone that was below level 10. If you were removed due to this please don't worry! Once you hit level 10 you can be invited back into the guild. Also there is a new alt rule. One alt per person. If you have more than one alt please remove them yourself.

I have an awful feeling this may soon accelerate to the point where everyone who isn't level 50 is kicked out due to the increasing demand for placement 0_0. Wasn't it level 5 only a few days ago? I'd Better get leveling quick!

On an unrelated note...does anyone know when we as a guild are going to start organizing times for weekly operations/ hard mode flashpoints/ endgame pvp? If not, could anyone offer a prediction?

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#367  Edited By matt

@Moreau_MD said:

@Matt said:

I have an awful feeling this may soon accelerate to the point where everyone who isn't level 50 is kicked out due to the increasing demand for placement 0_0. Wasn't it level 5 only a few days ago? I'd Better get leveling quick!

On an unrelated note...does anyone know when we as a guild are going to start organizing times for weekly operations/ hard mode flashpoints/ endgame pvp? If not, could anyone offer a prediction?

I will say right now the min level will not go above 10, this is only a temporary measure. As for raids we will definitely start soon. The hard thing is trying to come up with a time that most people are ok with.

mrlogical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#368  Edited By mrlogical

Too bad there's a cap on members...I'm about to buy this game today, I think, but I suppose I don't really need to be in a guild until I hit level 10. Or perhaps I'll roll with GLHB. Either way, looking forward to playing with some duders soon.

Hennet_sim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#369  Edited By Hennet_sim

Attempting to Do a 16 man Eternity Vault everyone get one if your 50 :D

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#370  Edited By CL60

@mrlogical said:

Too bad there's a cap on members...I'm about to buy this game today, I think, but I suppose I don't really need to be in a guild until I hit level 10. Or perhaps I'll roll with GLHB. Either way, looking forward to playing with some duders soon.

DO IT! Bothans are low on members.

mrlogical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371  Edited By mrlogical

@CL60: Okay, you've convinced me. Just as soon as the client finishes downloading, which at this rate will be sometime around March.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CL60 said:

@mrlogical said:

DO IT! Bothans are low on members.

LOL

CL60 in enemy territory, recruiting members. I salute you, sir! You are not alone, I stand with you!

*Dances in thread*

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#373  Edited By Wuddel

@Matt said:

@Moreau_MD said:

@Matt said:

I will say right now the min level will not go above 10, this is only a temporary measure. As for raids we will definitely start soon. The hard thing is trying to come up with a time that most people are ok with.

I really hope this will be EU-timezone friendly.

Moreau_MD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#374  Edited By Moreau_MD

@Wuddel said:

@Matt said:

@Moreau_MD said:

@Matt said:

I really hope this will be EU-timezone friendly.

I second that statement...

ericmbee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#375  Edited By ericmbee

@Matt: Thanks for the update. Sad to see I was kicked, but this makes sense.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#376  Edited By KowalskiManDown

Just started a new character, so planning on joining you guys soon!

Patchouli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#377  Edited By Patchouli

Will there be a run-off guild for alts above 10? It would be great if you could have more than 500 people.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#378  Edited By CL60

Good goin' Empire! You guys ruined Illum!

GAWD!

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#379  Edited By Brackynews

We have altered the deal. Pray we do not alter it further.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#380  Edited By Marz

need more 50's so we can do 16 man's more often! hurry up and level!

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#381  Edited By Brackynews

Hmmm....

No Caption Provided
    artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#382  Edited By artelinarose

Last night, Kessler Run desperately phoned Good Luck Have Bothans for help. There was a world boss they wanted dead because the very manly and very special members of Kessler Run all wanted a recipe for crystals but they just weren't strong enough to do it on their own. While one Bothan would have been more than enough to even just solo the world boss, GLHB very generously donated not one, not two, but THREE of their very best to help their Empire underdogs.

No Caption Provided
    Look at those humble, beautiful people. Kneeling down so they don't look bigger because they don't even want the glory.
    Look at those humble, beautiful people. Kneeling down so they don't look bigger because they don't even want the glory.

(I kid, I love you duders. Thanks for letting us tag along and apologize for anything I may have joked about that hurt your feelings.)

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I'm getting insane lag on both of the GB Guild's servers.
    A big shame! You guys sound like you're having loads of fun!

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#384  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

@Artemesia: Throw up them lightsaber X's!

Applederp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#385  Edited By Applederp

Ew yucky bothans

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#386  Edited By Wuddel

@Marz: How the hell can you zoom out so far?

I am rushing my Powertech tank towards endgame (43 so far. Did like 10 levels this weekend.), though I am on EU time with a job. Not many Euro-50 so far, hum?

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#387  Edited By Karkarov

Question though, did you guys actually get the boss and or pattern? The guy is never there on my server, farmed out the wazoo.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#388  Edited By artelinarose

@Karkarov said:

Question though, did you guys actually get the boss and or pattern? The guy is never there on my server, farmed out the wazoo.

Yes and yes. Kessler Run got the fortitude recipe, I believe.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#389  Edited By Wuddel

@Artemesia said:

@Karkarov said:

Yes and yes. Kessler Run got the fortitude recipe, I believe.

Who? I has people actually asking me about this in game, because the got some mats for it apparently and wanted the crystal cut.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#390  Edited By Marz

@Wuddel: camera zoom is in the controls section of the preferences.

Hennet_sim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#391  Edited By Hennet_sim

Going to try to get a raid for Eternity Vault: Saturday 2 PM CST,3 EST, 12 PST, 8 PM GMT

I tried to pick a time that should be most accessible for people in all time zones.

MannySavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#392  Edited By MannySavior

So how has the latest patch been treating you guys? The game has been running A LOT smoother for me.Been getting at least a smooth 30 FPS in areas where I used to get 10 - 20 like Alderaan and Fleet.

Drakoji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#393  Edited By Drakoji

Is the guild still active?

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#394  Edited By matt

@Drakoji: Very much so

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

we've got raids going daily y'all!

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

don't know if weve reached the cap though BTW

akajaybay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#397  Edited By akajaybay

Just started up SWTOR and will have to look around for an invite. Zanzibar was not surprisingly taken, so Rabiznaz the Imperial Agent was born.

Hennet_sim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#398  Edited By Hennet_sim

I would like to say Great job to everyone that was able to get into the raid Saturday and Sunday we did a lot of guild first all 8 man opts on farm status :D

Chewbakula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#399  Edited By Chewbakula

Kessler Run cleared Karagga's Palace this weekend. Here's a few screens of the boss killin' goodness.

Celebratory photo taken after victory over the mercenaries inside Karagga's Palace.
    Celebratory photo taken after victory over the mercenaries inside Karagga's Palace.
    Behold: Mecha Karagga!!
    Behold: Mecha Karagga!!
    I couldn't wait to bust a move in front of Karagga's Corpse.
    I couldn't wait to bust a move in front of Karagga's Corpse.

Thanks to all who attended/pwned. Was a lot of fun, if stressful! Hard Mode Eternity Vault is next...

(More screens on my profile page.)

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#400  Edited By matt

We're the best you guys!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.