Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

Odd friend invite advert.

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#1  Edited By vigorousjammer

So I launched Origin today, because as much as I dislike it, I have to use it to play Mass Effect 3.

So, Origin's Ad window popped up and said "Learn how you can invite your friends to play Star Wars: The Old Republic"

Now, the weird part about this is I don't own The Old Republic, nor have I ever played it before (like during beta or whatever)... so why would I invite my friends to a game I haven't played? Are they just allowing everybody to invite everybody? If that's the case, why not just let everybody sign up for their own trial account?

Odd stuff, really.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Dagbiker

I used origin once, uninstalled it, then haven't re-installed it again. Im not opposed to using Origin, for single player games, at least until they iron out the banning people from games thing. but EA just doesn't have any single player games i want, except for the Sims. and i already bought that on steam.

stealthdf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By stealthdf2

i dont get the hate with origin. I have been using it since the BF3 ALPHA started way back in august of 2011. I havent had a single problem with it outside of the sporadic downtimes that occur with ALL services at some point or another.

in fact i sometimes prefer origin over steam, but i run them both and am completely satisfied.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.