Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

Single Player vs. multiplayer

Freefall1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Freefall1025

Is it possible to tackle hero quests or any of the other harder multiplayer quests alone if you level up your character enough? Or is joining up with other players the only way to get through those missions? I barely have time to game these days but really enjoyed KOTOR and have been thinking about getting TOR. Can I play through each character class's main story alone, or will I hit a wall where multiplayer is absolutely required and won't be able to progress. The sub fee is sort of holding me back, but I've heard really good things about the story.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By mosdl

You can solo the entire main story line just fine. The only time grouping is needed is when you do the Heroics/Flashpoints, and those are not needed to complete the main story.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Don't overlevel and go back and do heroics unless you hate yourself. You won't get anything out of it, and the actual writing is about as hit-or-miss as any of the other side quests. There are more than enough single player quests to get you to 50.

When I was playing, it wasn't hard to get groups for heroics, and it's a fun game to play with other people. Join a Giant Bomb guild.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By BrockNRolla

You can do it all yourself if you level enough. It tends to be very boring to grind that out though. If you're still feeling compelled to play, I'd suggest you just stick to the main storyline and normal side quests. That will keep you leveled enough to keep moving. Engaging in more than that solo will crush your desire to keep playing. I know it did for me.

HadesTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By HadesTimes

If you over level for the multiplayer quests your not going to get anything useful out of them. Unless your severely under-geared.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.