Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

Star Wars: The Old Republic page is up!

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By mike

Sorry to all of you guys without Live Edit if you already submitted this for approval, but as a Star Wars fanboy I just couldn't help myself.  Let's get this page rolling!

Ryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Ryan  Staff

MB, you fiend! Way to hustle on this.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mike

Dude you have no idea how much of a nerdy fanboy I am for Star Wars.  Just you watch.  Oh yeah, anyone who says anything negative about anything Star Wars will be banned and publicly humiliated!

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By kush

Well you won't have to ban me because I am a minor SW fan (at least for the films)..but I am a HUGE KOTOR fan and this may be the first MMO I ever truly get into...

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Pibo47

star wars sucks monkey dick.....................just kidding. I really want to play as sith, and kill lots of jedi. Then ill be happy.

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Ryan posting on the forums?! HERESY.

Oh yeah and MB...the Star Wars 1, 2 and 3 can kiss my Aunt PETUNIA.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mike

The only thing that worries me right now is how far away this game is from being finished.  A year? Two years?

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kush
    MB said:
    "The only thing that worries me right now is how far away this game is from being finished.  A year? Two years?"
    I would say it's at least 2 years away...no 2009 release at all.
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By BiggerBomb

I don't care what the real "diehard Star Wars nerds" think of me for saying the following:

The Old Republic is the best Star Wars universe. Period.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By jakob187

Return of the Jedi was bullshit.

Fuck the Ewoks, fuck Darth Vader's redemption, and fuck Leia for not getting naked!

Why couldn't they test the Death Star on Endor?  Why, God, why?  I would've taken JAR JAR over the fucking Ewoks!
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kush

I'm sure MB will love that post ^^^^^ :P

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Hamz

STAR WARS!

vrrrrm...vooooooom...zzzzzzzzzzzt!

God damn MB that was fast, looking forward to this game so much :D!

Daanienator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By Daanienator

can't wait for this game

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jakob187
    Kush said:
    "I'm sure MB will love that post ^^^^^ :P"
    I have few qualms with the prequels, as shitty as they were, and New Hope and Empire are fucking godsends in sci-fi cinema.  However, Return of the Jedi is like having your nutsack licked by a chick with a tongue made of sandpaper.  It's painful to watch, leaves scars that you don't want, and it's just an uncomfortable experience all together.
    How could Lucas fuck up after the beauty that Irvin Kershner and Lawrence Kasdan bestowed upon us with Empire?  HOW?!?!
    mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By mracoon

I hope this game turns out good. I'n not an MMO guy but I might try this because it's BioWare and Star Wars and i loved KOTOR.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Pibo47

I want them to work on ME2 more than this game. And i am going to repeat that everywhere i go. And i want BIG battles. I really dont play MMO's, but i would love some real time gameplay.

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#17  Edited By Driadon

I trust that Bioware will do a hell of a job with the story, characters and all that jazz. The only thing I'm worried about is a mass amount of Jedi looking the exact same.
    That would just plain scare me.

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By Oni

Also because I can do live edits I put in some placeholder info that will no doubt be gone this time tomorrow.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jakob187
    Oni said:
    "Also because I can do live edits I put in some placeholder info that will no doubt be gone this time tomorrow."
    *EDIT*  surely it will
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#20  Edited By LordAndrew

So are you guys actually looking forward to this game? I've gotten the feeling that people just aren't into the idea of a KOTOR MMO.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jakob187
    LordAndrew said:
    "So are you guys actually looking forward to this game? I've gotten the feeling that people just aren't into the idea of a KOTOR MMO."
    Definitely not into the idea of it, especially if it's going to look like WoW.  Star Wars as an MMO is a bad idea anyways, because everyone wants to be either a Jedi or a Sith...and that's it.  So, why the hell would there be more classes than that?  Even with those classes, do you think people will ACTUALLY want to play them?  Fuck no.  They aren't Jedi or Sith.  They, technically, can't use the Force.  =  /
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By kush
    LordAndrew said:
    "So are you guys actually looking forward to this game? I've gotten the feeling that people just aren't into the idea of a KOTOR MMO."
    I am not into the idea personally. I would have much rather had KOTOR 3 than an MMO, but I love Bioware and and am willing to give this game a shot for my trust in them and my love of the universe.
    Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Magnum
    LordAndrew said:
    If you read the coverage out there it seems to be sounding very promising. Except that its PC only. As a Mac user this could cause problems.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jakob187
    Magnum said:
    "LordAndrew said:
    If you read the coverage out there it seems to be sounding very promising. Except that its PC only. As a Mac user this could cause problems."
    Too Human sounded promising.
    Advent Rising sounded promising.
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By Vinchenzo

So when this comes out, is MB heading the clan? Because I'm sure signing up! (Do you allow forum trolls, or can I be an exception?)

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BiggerBomb

RP Clan under BiggerBomb.

u herd it heer 1st

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By Otacon
    Magnum said:
    If you read the coverage out there it seems to be sounding very promising. Except that its PC only. As a Mac user this could cause problems."
    A copy of Windows isn't too hard to come by really so if your Mac is intel based there won't be a problem. 
    Anyone think that the art style has been made a little too cartoon like?
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jakob187
    Otacon said:
    "Magnum said:
    A copy of Windows isn't too hard to come by really so if your Mac is intel based there won't be a problem. 
    Anyone think that the art style has been made a little too cartoon like?
    "
    ZOMG DIABLO 3 TROLLING TIME!!!
    Seriously though...yes...I'm sick of everyone trying to make their games look like fucking WoW.  People claim Warhammer looks like WoW, but it doesn't.  This, however, most certainly does.  I understand that they want low reqs for the game to run on whatever PC there possibly is...but seriously...the guys that play KOTOR...

I doubt they have shitty rigs.  =  /
    breton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By breton
    jakob187 said:
    "This, however, most certainly does.  I understand that they want low reqs for the game to run on whatever PC there possibly is...but seriously...the guys that play KOTOR...
    I doubt they have shitty rigs.  =  /"
    KOTOR doesn't have demanding specs. Not even when it was released. And if it doesn't come to consoles, then they'd want to pull in that crowd too.
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By mike
    Vinchenzo said:
    "So when this comes out, is MB heading the clan? Because I'm sure signing up! (Do you allow forum trolls, or can I be an exception?)"
    A Giant Bomb guild is a great idea, although I'm certainly not the one that is going to organizing it.  I'll be a Sith though, I'll tell you that much right now...and on a PVP-oriented server.  It would be great to have something put together in the inevitable beta to be ready for launch.

akob187
    said:
    Definitely not into the idea of it, especially if it's going to look like WoW.  Star Wars as an MMO is a bad idea anyways, because everyone wants to be either a Jedi or a Sith...and that's it.  So, why the hell would there be more classes than that?  Even with those classes, do you think people will ACTUALLY want to play them?  Fuck no.  They aren't Jedi or Sith.  They, technically, can't use the Force.  =  /"

Are you very familiar with the Star Wars Expanded Universe?  It seems like you're stuck on an Ep 4/5/6 view of Star Wars in which there were very few Force-sensitive characters left in existence.  Since most people will, of course, want to play as a Force user, the Old Republic era is a perfect setting for this game since Force users were plentiful at that point in the timeline.  Star Wars Galaxies was sort of ruined for that reason...there were no player Jedi or Dark Jedi in the beginning, and then the world was flooded with them when developers caved in to popular demand and made Force users easily accessible to everyone.

Let's focus on what this game is and could be, and not the fact that Bioware didn't announce KOTOR.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jakob187
    breton said:
    "jakob187 said:
    "This, however, most certainly does.  I understand that they want low reqs for the game to run on whatever PC there possibly is...but seriously...the guys that play KOTOR...
    I doubt they have shitty rigs.  =  /"
    KOTOR doesn't have demanding specs. Not even when it was released. And if it doesn't come to consoles, then they'd want to pull in that crowd too.
    "
    When it was released, it wasn't the most demanding of specs, but it still required a PC higher than what would run WoW.  I'm just saying...I think it's cool that they are going for this "concept art as in-game" idea...but it looks like WoW.  =  /  It's a bummer that there isn't some more originality there, but when Blizz grabs 11 million people, I guess originality doesn't need to be a factor of the equation.
    MB said:
    "Vinchenzo said:
    "So when this comes out, is MB heading the clan? Because I'm sure signing up! (Do you allow forum trolls, or can I be an exception?)"
    A Giant Bomb guild is a great idea, although I'm certainly not the one that is going to organizing it.  I'll be a Sith though, I'll tell you that much right now...and on a PVP-oriented server.  It would be great to have something put together in the inevitable beta to be ready for launch.

jakob187
    said:
    Definitely not into the idea of it, especially if it's going to look like WoW.  Star Wars as an MMO is a bad idea anyways, because everyone wants to be either a Jedi or a Sith...and that's it.  So, why the hell would there be more classes than that?  Even with those classes, do you think people will ACTUALLY want to play them?  Fuck no.  They aren't Jedi or Sith.  They, technically, can't use the Force.  =  /"

Are you very familiar with the Star Wars Expanded Universe?  It seems like you're stuck on an Ep 4/5/6 view of Star Wars in which there were very few Force-sensitive characters left in existence.  Since most people will, of course, want to play as a Force user, the Old Republic era is a perfect setting for this game since Force users were plentiful at that point in the timeline.  Star Wars Galaxies was sort of ruined for that reason...there were no player Jedi or Dark Jedi in the beginning, and then the world was flooded with them when developers caved in to popular demand and made Force users easily accessible to everyone.

Let's focus on what this game is and could be, and not the fact that Bioware didn't announce KOTOR."
    Like Fable II and Fallout 3, I'm willing to keep an open mind about the potential of a killer app, and especially when it's from a fairly heralded franchise like KOTOR.  Nonetheless, I'm deathly afraid of another Galaxies.  =  /  That's the most I can say.

And am I familiar with the Expanded Universe?  Enough to know that I still would have no problem with a Smallville-styled approach to bringing Young Jedi Knights to the small screen!!!  I still want to see Brakiss!!!
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BiggerBomb

ther shud be spase ships zoom zoom

But seriously, they should make space travel a really deep feature. Flesh it out, eh?

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33  Edited By Gunner

It will be interesting to see how they incorporate storytelling with MMO gameplay.. I still think it would be better if they kept it a single player game though.

Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Magnum

Phew I got SpaceJesus before someone esle.

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#35  Edited By Lies

I registered on the site today and subscribed to their newsletter, which I RARELY do. This looks interesting, although I'm not sure I'm sold on the art direction...

And dammit, MB is about to pass me as top editor for this page.... Can't let that happen!

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By mike

I don't know dude, is it really reasonable to try and outdo me on a Star Wars page?  I've been a rabid Star Wars fanboy longer than you've been alive.  Besides, if all else fails, I'll just go into evil nazi moderator mode and artificially inflate my own points to stay ahead of you.  It's the way of the Sith.

The announcement of this game has reignited the Star Wars fire within me, and I shall now begin filling in all sorts of obscure EU references on locations and concepts in the GB DB.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By pause422

I would of definitely loved a kotor 3 more than an MMO..but I'm on the same page of absolutely loving the KOTOR universe and loving Bioware, so I'm definitely pumped to hear more of this..just wonder how far off it is until it comes out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.