Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

Swtor, who's still playing?

AnimalFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AnimalFather

i hit level 43 im on belavis sith warrior and fatigue has set in the whole thing feels like a chore. what about you?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513
    deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started a few days ago as a Jedi Knight (now Jedi Sentinel). Now I'm level 11 on Mask of Nihilus, and I'm enjoying it a lot still. I guess I'll see what the endgame has to offer when I get to that point.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By ajamafalous

Game definitely feels like a chore if you're overleveled for the zone you're in. If you are, just do the class quests and move on to the next planet.

blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By blueduck

I'm actually pretty curious as to what the end game is like in Swtor. I just haven't heard many people saying anything about it. Is there large group instances like raids in wow and if so what are they like?

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

Quite a lot of people from what I'm seeing on the forums.

Amerist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Amerist

Well, I'm generally always at a lack for time to play, but I'm still in the game when I can. ξ

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By devilzrule27

Definitely still playing.

Bwast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By Bwast

I cut back from my first week play schedule of all day everyday but I still jump in from time to time. I've got my level 50 vanguard that I haven't touched since he got to level 50. I'm gonna let him sit around until more people from the GB guild are 50 so I don't have to rely on randoms for shit. And on the imperial side I've got a level 22 or 23 inquisitor that I play with now and then to shoot lightning at dudes and be an all around asshole to people.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By project343

I'm still playing it. Trying to juggle several characters at once--which is a great strategy if you love rested XP--and it's a bit chaotic. Switching character mentalities (mental role-playing) is a bit straining on my brainspace; I had a justified history and logic behind by 'evil' Consular, for example. Character switching is keeping things incredibly interesting, to say the least.

@blueduck: Two Operations (raids). One of them is a bit of an empty shell that is designed to be expanded over time. Leading up to said raids are the hard mode flashpoints. And obviously there's some PVP end-game--with a Wintergrasp equivalent, as well as the three Warzones that you know of. Pretty standard stuff.

Sitoxity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Sitoxity

I'm playing less purely because of University Submissions coming up soon.

blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By blueduck

@project343 said:

I'm still playing it. Trying to juggle several characters at once--which is a great strategy if you love rested XP--and it's a bit chaotic. Switching character mentalities (mental role-playing) is a bit straining on my brainspace; I had a justified history and logic behind by 'evil' Consular, for example. Character switching is keeping things incredibly interesting, to say the least.

@blueduck: Two Operations (raids). One of them is a bit of an empty shell that is designed to be expanded over time. Leading up to said raids are the hard mode flashpoints. And obviously there's some PVP end-game--with a Wintergrasp equivalent, as well as the three Warzones that you know of. Pretty standard stuff.

Thanks. Another question, what are the bosses like? I saw one early video with a robot but I couldn't figure out what other types of bad guys would serve as bosses.

Giefcookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Giefcookie

Finished my class quest y'day, doing a bunch of pvp now. Will most likely move onto my bounty hunter soon.

wadtomaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By wadtomaton

This game has me and won't be letting me go any time soon. I've always played MMO's pretty much solo anyways and it really seems this game was made with me in mind for once. The only thing I think it needs is more soloable dungeon type stuff. I like the idea of instances but hate the idea of grouping with people, and unfortunately most of the people that I know who are playing are just off schedule to effectively make it work. I want that same progression type gameplay in a single player flavor. Even if it means I don't quite get the "best loot", that's fine. As long as I get loot that is good enough to let me continue doing that type of content.

Also I love the crafting so far. I was always bummed in WoW that you made a thing and that was it, there was no rarer better version or anything of that nature. I actually really liked the crafting in Final Fantasy XI, and I think this is a nice balance between the two games crafting systems.

babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By babblinmule

Started as a sentinel but got to Nar Shardaa (played this planet across dozens of star wars games and I'm still not entirely sure how to spell it) before abandoning it as I wasnt really enjoying the class.

Now im a level 24 republic commando and loving the game to death.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I am

fishmicmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By fishmicmuffin

I'm still playing. I'm enjoying the class quests and healing flashpoints. I never healed in WoW so it was something I wanted to do in an MMO and I'm enjoying it a lot. 

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By mike

@AnimalFather: Why are you playing on some random server instead of with everyone from GB?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18  Edited By Seppli

I'm currently in the transition from leveling game to end game with my Sorc. I'm quite a bit ahead of the curve of the general population and a bit behind the hardcore, kind of an odd spot to be at. Really don't feel like putting too much effort into the endgame, just because I've been there and done that before. I'll likely roll an alt until the general population catches up with me and then just PUG stuff as it pops up in the general chat. Joined a random guild with quite a few members. Wonder if it will blossom into an endgame enterprise or not. Would certainly make my life easier doing a bit of endgame before I'm putting SW:TOR on hiatus when my 90 prepaid days run out.

SW:TOR's definitely a keeper. Love the 'Biowareness' of it. Like showering female companions in Gold Chains until... you know... Bioware magic happens. PG-13 sideboob action! Raunchy.

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By tekmojo
    @MB said:

@AnimalFather: Why are you playing on some random server instead of with everyone from GB?

PVE < PVP for some, that's my reason.
    Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Pinworm45

@blueduck said:

I'm actually pretty curious as to what the end game is like in Swtor. I just haven't heard many people saying anything about it. Is there large group instances like raids in wow and if so what are they like?

The end game is copy pasted WoW end game. grind pvp, or do the raids every tuesday. Flashpoints if you feel like it, but it's mostly pointless. The raids are more fun than WoW though (except hutt hospitality which is a buggy piece of shit).

Kinda disappointing, I was hoping for more class quests when I hit 50.

Oh well, roll alts I guess. I can't see myself sticking to this game more than a few weeks from now though. Nightmare raids simply aren't going to be interesting enough to hold my attention.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#21  Edited By fox01313

Still playing on Mind Trick & while everyone of mine is still in Ch.1, the most fun I've had has been with the agent & bounty hunter. After getting 1 of each of the imperial classes & jedi knight/smuggler all off the first world, there has been some interesting times on all but something about the versatility of the agent/bh that works for me. Not sure how much longer I'll play it but definitely liking those two (though the bh story is a little weak to start compared to the rest) so will just limit myself to those. The sith warrior/inq. are fun but without the leap ability being available, there's a lot of times when they die easily to an assortment of people shooting at me (or death by running from one person to the next so they will try to fight me in range over all safely killing me at distance).

TheKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By TheKing

I'm still playing, but I think I'll stop after my free month.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ShadyPingu

Still playing. I have an imperial agent on Mind Trick, and started a sith warrior on Darth Sion, which I'm playing almost entirely with my brother.

crazyleaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By crazyleaves

Here, lvl 28 Merc on Shadowtown. Having a blast, rode the balloon today with a random that had no idea and got both crons (thanks duders). Tonight I'm gonna roll a Jedi Knight and my buddy is going Consular. I will be Starboy and he will be CaptOfOuterSpace, if they let him. Or he could be Septopuss?

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By project343

@blueduck: I believe most of 'em will either be humanoids or robots. The main raid right now is the Eternity Vault, which physically exists on Belsavis. Basically, the story is that Belsavis serves as a giant prison-planet for the Republic. And I believe the Eternity Vault is basically a functional Alcatraz. It's a lot of droid security and incredibly powerful humanoids.

dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By dillonwerner

I want to, but I got a bunch of games from the Steam Sales that I am playing and now I'm back at school so there isn't time for everything.

blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By blueduck

@project343: Thanks again. Hmm I always like the idea of the prison run amok but I hate the idea of boss after boss of robots.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28  Edited By CenturionCajun

Still playing and loving it. I'll probably stick with things actively until I play through the stories of all eight classes. I couldn't be happier with what Bioware has done here.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By project343
    @blueduck Well, it's a lot of massive droids and turrets and stuff. I know that it ends with a villain called "The Imprisoned One."

The seconds raid--to be expanded to the end of the month--seems to involve Hutts and shady stuff.
    Taklulas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Taklulas

@AnimalFather said:

i hit level 43 im on belavis sith warrior and fatigue has set in the whole thing feels like a chore. what about you?

I thought you were going to quit gaming.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#31  Edited By alistercat

Yep.

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By amir90

I have been playing since pre launch, the only thing I can think of, that they should improve, is the PVP.

Huttball has soo much random latency problems, too much stun locks going on, and huttball is also too random, too hard to work together.

I am soon level 40 sith inq.

I will be playing till my subscription ends, then it depends on the new content, which will be around march for me.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jedi Seer lvl 50.
    Scoundrel lvl 22
    Commando lvl 26
    Jedi Knight lvl 19

Enjoying all of them still, mostly because I play with different friends on each class, always making for interesting combo's and situations.

If not for that though, I'll admit, I'd probably go Empire for awhile and not resub until there's something like a (LOCAL SERVER) dungeon finder system.
    I love doing them but standing around and asking in channels is not doing it for me.
    Great game though, might be I just tire of the Bioware formula a bit.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#34  Edited By StarvingGamer

Level 46 Sith Juggernaut and I wish I had more time to play this game.

I am stalled out halfway through God of War 3, and have untouched copies of Uncharted 3, Revelations, Witcher 2, and Skyward Sword that I have absolutely no desire to play because TOR has its hooks in me deep.

Fenris82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Fenris82

Still playing. I cut down my playtime a lot from 3-6 hours every day and down to maybe 2-3 hours every couple of days, with longer sessions during the weekend.

It's actually refreshed my desire to play the game by a fair amount. Just needed to step away from it a little.

Oh, and I'm still only level 42 and I think there's a good chance I'll roll an alt once I'm done with my Sith Inquisitor story

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Pinworm45

I've stopped playing until they fix the warzone FPS bugs. I only log on tuesday nights to do the raids, and occassionally, play an alt.

Floppypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#37  Edited By Floppypants

I don't see myself paying for another month.  
    SWTOR's hook is story-driven content, but they didn't put any story in endgame.  They don't even have voice acting for daily quests.  There's a short storyline on Ilum and that's it.
    Add to that the general inaccessibility of group content ("Cross-realm LFG ruins communities!"), and I'm fine letting this game sit on the shelf.  When I have a little free time during the school semester to play, I'm not going to waste it all sitting in the Republic Fleet with my thumb out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@Floppypants I was hoping to do the late game FPs and maybe even the easier version of Ops with the Bothans, but the majority of us are in the 30s right now. I always hated rushing to the end game, I realized I couldn't play with my RL friends because one would rush to the end game and then I'd never see him again, the other would grind pvp out and I'd never see him again, and the other would never commit to a single server.
    Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Funkydupe

@TheKing said:

I'm still playing, but I think I'll stop after my free month.

I haven't decided yet, but its mainly my own fault for creating too many alts, hehe.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#40  Edited By Animasta

I'm probably gonna pay for another month, want to see the other storylines (Main is a 38 Imperial Agent and the story is amazing)

Suxxorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Suxxorz

I'll say I really enjoyed playing Bounty Hunter. This really is an MMO where you can get in character, the verbal thing helps I believe. I'm enjoying the storyline, just finished Act 1 on Keller's Void, will probably join you guys with another character for you Giant Bomblets. Maybe that Imperial Agent since everyone seems to think their story is da shite.

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#42  Edited By sins_of_mosin

My friends and I put in a lot of hours this past weekend. We are spreading our hours between 2-4 toons each so we are simply enjoying what the game has to offer. We fell no need to rush anything. I really love the crew skills system. Even If I'm not able to quest, I can set companions on missions.

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#43  Edited By Jayzilla

I am level 47 on my Imp Agent and still loving the story. I can't wait to dive into my Consular, Bounty Hunter and Smuggler stories next because I know they are totally different quests than each other! What other MMO has completely different content all the way up to level cap on each character?

After I play 6 of 8 classes I will figure out if I want to roll the Trooper and Jedi Knight. If not, who cares? I will just cancel my sub. I don't need to be in an MMO for a few years to consider it a fun game. If you do need that, you are playing this game for the wrong reasons. If they add more story content for each of the classes then I will re-sub.

Side note: Nolan North does the male voice for the Smuggler. What else do you need to play through that class to 50?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.