Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

What class are you playing?

kevlar907

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kevlar907

Just wanted to see what classes people are playing as.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
    deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Started as a Jedi Knight, but rerolled a Consular and made her into a Shadow. I'm having a lot of fun with that class. I've played a few levels of the Imperial Agent with the goal of making a Sniper, and that seemed fun, but I think my Shadow will be my main for a long while.

GeneralZod37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By GeneralZod37

So far I have been playing Bounty Hunter as my main. Also rolled a Jedi Consular, but I haven't played much of her.

Avatar image for thekingoftoilets
    thekingoftoilets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By thekingoftoilets

I made a bounty hunter/mercenary on a PVP server, and having a load of fun with that class, while on a different PVE server, I created a Jedi Consular, which I am at the Esseles flashpoint. I am having more fun on my BH main though, prolly cause of the versatility of the class imo.

wadtomaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By wadtomaton

I have a Republic PVE server where I'm maining a Smuggler Gunslinger (it feels so wrong not being a Scoundrel but I'm not the healin' type >_>;;;) and then I just started a Jedi Knight. I also have a Sith PVP server that my main is an Imperial agent and I also have a Bounty Hunter. Neither far enough for me to figure out what I'm doing with them because it's a west coast server and between lag and queues I've barely gotten a chance to play on it yet.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ShadyPingu

Imperial Agent (Sniper) on Mind Trick, and I'm loving it so far. Thinking of rolling a Sith Warrior on the server my brother's playing on.

Kiro_LeMark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kiro_LeMark

Almost 30 levels into the Sith Warrior / Marauder storyline. Just started the Imperial Agent line too, after watching the new interview.

delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By delta_ass

Lvl 35 Jedi Guardian. I'm tank spec, so I'm using Kira for DPS in most situations, with Doc coming in for fights against Elites.

Ulain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ulain

Bounty Hunter because Jawa companion :P

I will probably make a sith warrior/inquisitor next to try tanking, but healing as a Merc so far is pretty satisfying. If only we had a better UI for it.

@demonknightinuyasha: You can spec into Scoundrel and still DPS. They have 3 trees and only one is a healer-spec, in which you can still solo-dps pretty decently :)

fr0stb1te

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By fr0stb1te

Maining a Sorcerer on Mind Trick, pretty fun!

Awesome DPS with enough healing capabilities early on to allow you to serve the healing role without sinking talent points into a healing tree.

I have a Commando as well and really enjoyed that, but I find that my calling is with the Empire. Might start a Sniper for funsies.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#11  Edited By StarvingGamer

Juggernaut

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Vanguard. I wanted to do the trooper for sure, and I had my heart set on the auto cannon, but I've never played a tank before, so with a busy guild like Bothans, I decided to give it a shot. Pretty fun. The 'ranged' part of it is real interesting, even if it is only about 4-10 feet I can wander.

Of course, turns out the second-most popular class in Bothans after Gunslinger is Vanguard.

Sitoxity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By Sitoxity

My main is a Sith Juggernaut, making sure he's a tank build but can do a decent amount of damage.

Got a back-up Smuggler just for some variety. Having fun with both (though my Smuggler isn't even level 10 yet)

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#14  Edited By project343

Commando is my main, but I have a darling Operative alt that I adore.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#15  Edited By project343
    @Brodehouse Operative also has a really bizarre distance in combat. A lot of ranged attacks, and a lot of melee. Makes for rather unique gameplay, for sure.
    BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By BoOzak

@Ulain: @thekingoftoilets: I've been looking into this game because i've been craving a good story-driven rpg (still playing skyrim, but that's a different beast entirely) but the thing that's thrown me off is the whole light/dark system that's been imposed on Jedi/Sith. Is that prevalant for Bounty Hunters? Because I dont like the idea of all my decisions being dictated by the kind of gear I want.

I know this is something that anyone who's spent 5 minutes with the game would know. But in the absense of any free trials, and details being alittle sketchy, I thought it best to ask someone directly...

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By jmrwacko

Vengeance Juggernaut like a boss. Already lvl 43 on Belaris.

FunkyFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FunkyFox

Annihilation Marauder, 31. Love it.

Nephrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Nephrahim

Been rolling a bunch of classes. Fell in love with the Sith Sorcerer instantly. Trooper surprised me, and now I'm happy going Commando. Thinking of rolling a Guardian next.

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By warxsnake

BH 32

Jazzycola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By Jazzycola

Zabrak Sith Sorcerer who is level 33 and a Purple Chiss Bounty Hunter named Shaundi who is lvl 13. Both are pretty fun. Though the game just makes me want another good KoToR game, as most of the dialogue is so recycled and generic. It really comes down to the sum of all the parts are good but when you start taking it a part those parts are average.

Ulain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Ulain

@Jazzycola said:

Zabrak Sith Sorcerer who is level 33 and a Purple Chiss Bounty Hunter named Shaundi who is lvl 13. Both are pretty fun. Though the game just makes me want another good KoToR game, as most of the dialogue is so recycled and generic. It really comes down to the sum of all the parts are good but when you start taking it a part those parts are average.

Sadly I started noticing this too, after making my inquisitor. Some of the responses you can give are word-for-word, exactly the same except for being a different voice actor. And the NPCs will give one sentence replies to your statement, then continue giving you a quest anyway.

I'm sure this isn't anything new with BioWare games, but it just makes me a teensy bit sad at the realization of it :(

@BoOzak: I'd say there is more than enough gear that isn't earned through Light or Dark side points. My Bounty Hunter is going light side though, and it's actually somewhat interesting how it turns out. I still act pretty badass even when sparing peoples' lives, and it's a bit ironically hilarious getting paid bounties for not actually killing anyone.

To be honest, if you're on the fence about this game, and are having fun with Skyrim, hold out for a month or so and see 1) the price drops, and 2) if it really has staying power as a long term MMO. People are already level 50 after a few days, and I'm not sure what the end-game for it will be like. If you have played WoW, there are quite a few similarities so far.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@Ulain: Too many Bioware games that have kinda showed us that by now.
    It used to be 'OH SHIT HE ACTUALLY RESPONDS TO ME' back then, and by now we've all done so many ME/DA runs, we can safely say that they do respond but for just about 1 sentence before they still revert to the basic dialogue.
    Fun, but its showing its age by now methinks!
    I'm really loving the game nonetheless though.

I also decided to go Human Consular (aliens suck, wannabe humans), after trying Trooper to 30 I can safely say their healing style isn't for me.
    It's fun but its not how I like to play, Consular is more in tune with me!
    Now if I could just find a decent hood instead of those ironed paper bags!
    FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FunExplosions

Fixer

Floppypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#25  Edited By Floppypants

I'm playing a Vanguard with a Shield Specialization (tank) spec. I knew going in that I wanted to play as a tank, and figured the Jedi options would be over-represented. The concept of a ranged tank also intrigued me.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae53b407571
    deactivated-60ae53b407571

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Advanced Prototype Powertech.

Being able to both take and dish out damage is wonderful.

amomjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27  Edited By amomjc

Sith Inquisitor turned Assassin.

TheLark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheLark

Imperial agent. Sniper, and loving it. also have a sith assassin which hasnt been as fun as the Agent, not that it wasnt fun though!

Draugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#29  Edited By Draugen

Blue skinned hunter of bounties, with a lust for cash, and a complete disregard of all things decent and humane. He does have a soft spot for Mako though. The big lug.

Ursus_Veritas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 7

#30  Edited By Ursus_Veritas

I've got two characters so far: Garrett Velkan, a human gunslinger working as a Privateer for the Republic, and Raitel Velkan - or Velk'anrai'telos as he's known in Cheunh! - a Chiss Imperial Sniper. Kinda sucks the legacy system makes you have one surname for all of your Characters, working Velkan into a traditional Chiss name was difficult!

The gameplay is pretty much identical for the two of them, but I'm absolutely loving the stories for them so far. Never thought I'd spend more time with the non-lightsaber classes in a Star Wars MMO, but after playing these guys I don't intend on rolling a force user for quite some time.

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By niamahai

Sage @ Lvl19.

not sure if I am liking it..

lethalki11ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32  Edited By lethalki11ler

Jedi Consular, the only way to go really :)

Scotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Scotto

Started a Jedi Consular during early access, not realizing that the Jedi storylines apparently aren't that great. Already got him up to level 30, so I will likely keep him as my main.

I plan to start an Imperial Agent sniper, just based on what I've heard and read about the story being pretty great - but probably won't seriously dive in until my Jedi is lvl 50.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34  Edited By Seppli

Mad Sorc. It meshes. Like a Tumult to the face. I'm electrostatic about the class.

adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By adoggz

I'm playing a Council Spectre.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.