Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: X-Wing

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released February 1993

A space combat simulation set in the Star Wars universe, Star Wars: X-Wing lets players pilot the signature starfighters of the Rebel Alliance in a variety of different scenarios, ultimately culminating in the destruction of the original Death Star.

Are the collectors editions good?

astonish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By astonish

I've been considering replaying both X-Wing and Tie Fighter (I have the original CD-Rom versions) but after reading the wiki entry it seems they were re-released with the XvT engine which should both making running in windows easier and provide some additional gfx detail.

Question is to anyone whose played them: are they bad remakes? Did they mess with the premission stuff too much? Did they break any game mechanics? Essentially, should I stick with the versions I have in DOSBox or hunt the the Collectors Editions down?

yellownumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

So I decided to go with the 1998 version. Found there is a "classic mission" option that keeps the missions intact. I'll miss the music and art style of the original, but gameplay is the most important.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

You must have a joystick for the CE's.

Graphics are enhanced. However, I think the biggest loss is the imuse interactive music track. The stuff was all midi, though. I'm not sure if the GOG version lets you emulate a decent sound card like a Gravis Ultrasound or an AWE 32. I'd rather have non-interactive CD audio than FM synthesis.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.