Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars

Franchise »

Star Wars is a space fantasy film franchise that initially told the tale of Luke Skywalker and a rebellion's struggle against the evil Galactic Empire. It has spawned over one hundred games, six sequels/prequels and at least millions of different shirts, action figures and other merchandise.

First Blog

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Edited By Skytylz

I'm going to get this out first, my favorite game of all time is Knights of the Old Republic.  So, as you can imagine, with the announcement of The Old Republic, I started to get excited.  As the game gets closer and closer to release my excitement gets higher with each tid-bit of information released.

No Caption Provided
    I know it will probably be similar to WOW in style, but I could see how that could be awesome in the Star Wars universe.  I've tried WOW and couldn't really get into the typical fantasy universe.  I liked the loot system in WoW and even found myself killing shit just to collect things to sell to store owners for that next piece of armour while I was still an extremely low level.  I would eventually lose interest though after a week or so.

Intense!
     Intense!
    I can maintain interest in an MMO though.  (Get ready to laugh)  I've played Runescape since it basically launched and over several years have gotten my character to a decently high level.  I know this isn't the same as these big boy MMOs, but I can commit once I get the level or loot lust going.  I think that just the Star Wars part of it will help keep me going at first until I get hooked.  I just hope I don't end up like one of those stories you hear about people addicted to WoW.

I have barely under a year left to wait and I'm sure I will continue to gain hype as they release some more bad ass CG trailers that have nothing to do with the game!  I just hope I don't get burned.
    Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Skytylz

I'm going to get this out first, my favorite game of all time is Knights of the Old Republic.  So, as you can imagine, with the announcement of The Old Republic, I started to get excited.  As the game gets closer and closer to release my excitement gets higher with each tid-bit of information released.

No Caption Provided
    I know it will probably be similar to WOW in style, but I could see how that could be awesome in the Star Wars universe.  I've tried WOW and couldn't really get into the typical fantasy universe.  I liked the loot system in WoW and even found myself killing shit just to collect things to sell to store owners for that next piece of armour while I was still an extremely low level.  I would eventually lose interest though after a week or so.

Intense!
     Intense!
    I can maintain interest in an MMO though.  (Get ready to laugh)  I've played Runescape since it basically launched and over several years have gotten my character to a decently high level.  I know this isn't the same as these big boy MMOs, but I can commit once I get the level or loot lust going.  I think that just the Star Wars part of it will help keep me going at first until I get hooked.  I just hope I don't end up like one of those stories you hear about people addicted to WoW.

I have barely under a year left to wait and I'm sure I will continue to gain hype as they release some more bad ass CG trailers that have nothing to do with the game!  I just hope I don't get burned.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

I loathe Runescape. The Old Republic looks good though. I'm also really looking forward to it.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Daveyo520

I highly commend you dude for not just doing quest span and writing something worth while :) 

I am very looking foreword to The Old Republic. I loved KOTOR and more stuff like that is pure gravy. Also MMOs aint that bad.
    bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By bed

i spent way too much time on Runescape. while i don't play it anymore, i wish i still had my 5 year old account... i gave it away >< 

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Skytylz
    @AjayRaz: Yah, I only play in spurts anymore.  I'll buy a month of membership and fish while I browse the internet.  I'm in the 80's,but, at the rate I'm going, I won't hit 99 in this lifetime.
    Sanryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Sanryd

I go back to Runescape from time to time. Rarely, it sucks me in and I end up paying for a month. If my Runescape playing had one of those signs on the wall that says "Accident free for X days" then it would be higher now than it ever has. At this point, I'm not sure that I'll ever go back again. I guess I'm on to bigger and better things now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.