Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars

Franchise »

Star Wars is a space fantasy film franchise that initially told the tale of Luke Skywalker and a rebellion's struggle against the evil Galactic Empire. It has spawned over one hundred games, six sequels/prequels and at least millions of different shirts, action figures and other merchandise.

My Top Ten Star Wars games

kcp12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By kcp12

LucasArts shovels out a lot of crap using the Star Wars license but they've published some great games. These are the ones I've played.

1) Knights of the Old Republic  - Captures the essence of Star Wars better than the prequels. Great ensemble of characters, music, story, and rpg goodness.

2)  Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast  - I spent hours playing the multiplayer .  Best use of the light saber in a video game to date. Chopping off the hands of Stormtroopers never got old.

3) Rogue Squadron -  A fun assortment of missions and ships. Plenty of re-playability. There is nothing better than shooting TIE fighters out of the sky to Stars Wars music.

4) LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy  - Whimsical fun. Surprisingly funny. Co-op is a blast. 

5) TIE Fighter - Fighting for the Imperials is evil and fun. Die Rebel SCUM!

6) Star Wars: Republic Commando - Loved breaching doors. Had a simple yet tactical twist on the FPS genre.

7) Empire at War - A good transfer of Star Wars into the RTS genre. A bit casual but I'm not into the hardcore RTS. Space combat was a highlight.

8) Dark Forces - Reminded you to not mess with Stormtroopers.

9) The Force Unleashed - Good story. The actual gameplay was weak. 

10) Star Wars Trilogy Arcade  -  Good times.

kcp12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By kcp12

LucasArts shovels out a lot of crap using the Star Wars license but they've published some great games. These are the ones I've played.

1) Knights of the Old Republic  - Captures the essence of Star Wars better than the prequels. Great ensemble of characters, music, story, and rpg goodness.

2)  Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast  - I spent hours playing the multiplayer .  Best use of the light saber in a video game to date. Chopping off the hands of Stormtroopers never got old.

3) Rogue Squadron -  A fun assortment of missions and ships. Plenty of re-playability. There is nothing better than shooting TIE fighters out of the sky to Stars Wars music.

4) LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy  - Whimsical fun. Surprisingly funny. Co-op is a blast. 

5) TIE Fighter - Fighting for the Imperials is evil and fun. Die Rebel SCUM!

6) Star Wars: Republic Commando - Loved breaching doors. Had a simple yet tactical twist on the FPS genre.

7) Empire at War - A good transfer of Star Wars into the RTS genre. A bit casual but I'm not into the hardcore RTS. Space combat was a highlight.

8) Dark Forces - Reminded you to not mess with Stormtroopers.

9) The Force Unleashed - Good story. The actual gameplay was weak. 

10) Star Wars Trilogy Arcade  -  Good times.

Spikester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Spikester

Good list, but I would've ranked Star Wars TIE Fighter much higher. I appreciate recognition for Republic Commando. It's a shame LucasArts have yet to make a sequel for it.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By FancySoapsMan

You sir are wrong, because Star Wars Galaxies is the best Star Wars game ever. 

Even if it was just a SW-themed grindfest. IT WAS STILL THE FUCKING BEST EVER AND ALWAYS WILL BE.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By Yummylee

I hated SW - TFU, personally. I'd of easily put KOTOR 2 over that.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

Great list. 

My favorties are KOTOR, Republic Commando, and TIE FIghter.

Liminality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Liminality

No Battlefront? :(

Tizzzzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Tizzzzzz

I've always liked the Star Wars universe [never been big on any of the films in particular but I just enjoy the setting] but that's rarely translated into me enjoying the games. I do really like KOTOR; I've been meaning to try the second one for a while now, maybe some day. I also enjoy the LEGO games, although that seems like the kind of series where you pick the franchise that you like the most and hope it's represented pretty well by the LEGO whimsy; for me so far that would be Batman, although Star Wars allows for some pretty neat force power stuff.

Also aren't those SNES action platformer games mildly popular? I was always really terrible at them as a kid, don't know if I would find them impossible now but I'm sure they're still hard.    

babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By babblinmule

To this day, Republic commando is my favourite single player campaign in any fps. Brilliant game.

Also i totally agree on KOTOR being no.1 ;)

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By Sooperspy

Where is my Republic Commando sequel, LucasArts?

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@Liminality said:
    " No Battlefront? :( "
    NO BATTLEFRONT?!
    audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By audiosnag

Jedi Knight II was so goddamn good.
    I never ended up playing Republic Commandos aside from a demo. I really wish i had that game seemed pretty rad.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@Abyssfull said:
    " I hated SW - TFU, personally. I'd of easily put KOTOR 2 over that. "
    Totally agree here. KOTOR 2 wasn't nearly as good as the original, but TFU was a boring, poorly written God of War clone.
    FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By FreakAche
    @InfamousBIG said:
    " @Liminality said:
    " No Battlefront? :( "
    NO BATTLEFRONT?! "
    No Battlefront!?!!?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.