Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars

Franchise »

Star Wars is a space fantasy film franchise that initially told the tale of Luke Skywalker and a rebellion's struggle against the evil Galactic Empire. It has spawned over one hundred games, six sequels/prequels and at least millions of different shirts, action figures and other merchandise.

THIS JUST HAPPENED: Disney buys Lucasfilm, Star Wars 7 confirmed

This topic is locked from further discussion.

reverendhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By reverendhunt

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/30/disney-buys-lucasfilm-star-wars-7_n_2045632.html

Yep.

Wonder what this entitles for Star Wars games in the future? A new Lego Star Wars at least, I hope. Probably another Star Wars Angry Birds, lol

IAmNotBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By IAmNotBatman
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

There is actually evidence of Lucas talking about a 7-9 way back in the 70s. It would take place long after 4-6 and focus more on the spiritual side, with Luke acting as the protagonist's Obi-Wan. 1-3 was supposed to be political, 4-6 more heroic, and 7-9 more spiritual. He also mentioned something about the protagonist being someone who survived the Clone War in some sort of stasis but still requiring the teaching of a Jedi Master. Meanwhile, they created a character in their Clone Wars cartoon who is Anakin Skywalker'a Padawan, and they're clearly not going to end her arc with Anakin cutting her in half once he goes Vader. Bet you Ahsoka ends up frozen in carbonite, rediscovered 45 years after the Battle of Yavin (where the Expanded Universe has left off), and then trained by an old Luke Slywalker (played by Mark Hamill who just happens to be 46 years older than he was in 1976).

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By toowalrus

The other threads already got like 150 posts in it 

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By LikeaSsur

I'm not particularly excited for this. If history is anything to go by, anything past the original trilogy just fell down in quality, and it kept going down. What would make this any different?

reverendhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By reverendhunt

@IAmNotBatman said:

Too late, you are.

This is in regards to the Star Wars video games, not in general (I'd change the title if I could - I tried searching for this on other boards but couldn't find it, regardless. I don't post here often, so I don't know how borked it is).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.