Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Starbound

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Jul 22, 2016

Traverse lush procedurally-generated star systems in this 2D sci-fi sandbox platformer similar to Terraria and Minecraft.

Coolest thing found in your Universe?

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So since it went to purchasable beta/early access, I have spend an unhealthy amount of time in Starbound, and though I've seen a lotta stuff in the 4 sectors available to us, I keep finding more and more neat stuff. So I thought, let's have a thread where we can share neat stuff found, be it random dungeons, items, events, what have you.

So far my biggest 'No way, whatttttt" moment was when I first hit Sector X and saw a planet with the Biome: Tentacle. Landed because I had to know and sure enough, yep.....giant huge tentacles all around the planet. I'm super excited to see how far and silly they take planet types in the full game.

DarkShaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By DarkShaper

I was exploring my starting planet when I found a castle on top of a large hill. I made a tower of dirt to get high enough to jump inside and when I did there was a Robot dressed like a king inside. He called me a "Brigand" and then killed me.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By pyrodactyl

I hope they put more dynamic content in the final game because even if I found a bunch of mushroom chests, multiple monkey labs, an Egyptians temple in the desert and super deep underground, a florian village in giant trees and a dungeon like sewer system it was pretty much all useless. Found hella cosmetic items but what the hell am I suppose to do with those? Show off online? That's stupid. Found a mushroom sword too but I'm not blown away by what's the only useful non consumable item I found.

phampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found a flaming spear and a "chef spawner", which spawns an npc that will sell me ingredients.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I found I can build dirt walls around enemies and capture them like pokemon.

roninenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_stay_puft: There are now pokeballs in game that you can use to capture monsters. Just like POKEMON!!!

bmccann42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bmccann42

I've found multiple musical instruments, but have no idea what they do.

Meltdown547

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Planet full of deserted Apex labs, a single Avian temple, and then I dug down...and as far as I can tell, the core of the planet is nothing but flesh and bone. Messed up backstory could be made for this planet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.