Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Mar 12, 2013

The second chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy, Heart of the Swarm is a science fiction-themed real-time strategy game for PC and Mac. Players take control of the vicious Zerg faction in an interstellar war against the hard-nosed Terrans and psionic Protoss.

Blizzcon website hints Heart of the Swarm reveal?

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By PhatSeeJay

We've come to expect the reveals for new games and so on from Blizzcon, though last year it was somewhat lacking on that department. 

This year, though, it seems like the obvious thing is to reveal Heart of the Swarm. Something that makes me believe that even more is the Blizzcon website.
    Time seems right as well as the fact that they've just given us a better look of our cleansed antagonist/heroine Kerrigan. No other character that I know from the Blizzard library have scary tentacle dreadlocks for hair.

No Caption Provided

So what do you think of this new Kerrigan? If Heart of the Swarm is suppose to be more RPG style, reckon will we see her as a Hero character in the likes of Warcraft 3?
    Will we actually get to see anything from this game before Blizzcon or will they save everything for that event?
    thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By thatfrood

Singleplayer storyline for Starcraft 2 has been so dumb so far. I'm curious what they'll do with her, but I seriously doubt it'll be anything less than incredibly cheesy.

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PhatSeeJay

Yeah the story for the Wings of Liberty chapter was a bit on the cheesier side. But I'm still very much interested in the overarching story with the return of the Xel'Naga.
    Hopefully we'll see more about them than some obscure flashbacks this time.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Ghostiet

Wings of Liberty's story started pretty good, but they've relied on such an impossible gambit the plot barely holds later on. Hope this is going to be better.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By galiant
    @PhatSeeJay said:
    " If Heart of the Swarm is suppose to be more RPG style..."
    When did Blizzard say that?
    frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By frankxiv

i just can't wait to see the new multiplayer units, as well as the new crazy zerg units they put in the singleplayer.

unchained

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By unchained

While more Starcraft is always a good thing, I'll be seriously bummed if Heart of the Swarm is released before Diablo III.

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PhatSeeJay
    @Galiant said:

" @PhatSeeJay said:

When did Blizzard say that? "
    This was spoken of from the moment they revealed there would be three games and that they wanted to make the three campaigns play a bit differently.

@Unchained

said:

" While more Starcraft is always a good thing, I'll be seriously bummed if Heart of the Swarm is released before Diablo III. "

Highly doubt that will happen. They haven't even made an official announcement of it yet. I suspect a year, or six months, after Diablo III is released.
    galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By galiant
    @PhatSeeJay said:
    " @Galiant said:

" @PhatSeeJay said:

When did Blizzard say that? "
    This was spoken of from the moment they revealed there would be three games and that they wanted to make the three campaigns play a bit differently."
    Awesome, I like the sound of that!
    WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By WickedCestus

I have barely played any of the Wings of Liberty campaign, and I probably won't play much of this. Single player campaigns for RTS games just aren't my thing.

Avatar image for warlockengineermoredakka
    WarlockEngineerMoreDakka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

@PhatSeeJay said

@Unchained

said:

" While more Starcraft is always a good thing, I'll be seriously bummed if Heart of the Swarm is released before Diablo III. "

Highly doubt that will happen. They haven't even made an official announcement of it yet. I suspect a year, or six months, after Diablo III is released. "
    Hmm, that would mean Heart of the Swarm would be coming in 2013. :P

Since Diablo 3 is most likely not coming until mid 2012. :\

(Well, it COULD come late 2011 or early 2012 if we're very lucky- but I highly doubt it)

So I am led to believe that Heart of the Swarm will be coming before Diablo 3- sometime in 2012. Either that- or they may come at roughly the same time. :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.