Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Mar 12, 2013

The second chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy, Heart of the Swarm is a science fiction-themed real-time strategy game for PC and Mac. Players take control of the vicious Zerg faction in an interstellar war against the hard-nosed Terrans and psionic Protoss.

New Heart of the Swarm Screens

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By EuanDewar

Interesting. Very curious to see what the in between mission stuff looks like.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Spoonman671

So excited!

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By EuanDewar
    @billnyethesciencepie said:
    @EuanDewar: your avatar
    It stays yo. Get used to it fishboy.
    damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By damswedon
    @billnyethesciencepie said:
    @EuanDewar: your avatar
    I know. It is the single most creepy thing I've seen in ages.
    Aetos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Aetos

There are a few more here including some that show the upgrades for units you can get in the campaign. My favorite is the swarmling. It also looks like it will be rpgish with you upgrading the powers that Kerrigan uses. Pretty excited.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By csl316

Looks weird... different.  I like it.  And when I wake up tomorrow there should be a ton of official info being released, nice.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I want to know if that protoss dude is the new zealot model - if so, that's awesome.

But yeah, those are pretty cool.  Love the way the roach looks on the upgrade screen .

Joru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Joru

I hope the campaign is not the only thing they're going to talk about. I'm very curious as to what they will do with the multiplayer. They can't change it too much, because of the pro scene so it will be very interesting to see what they do.  

Maybe it'll just be a unit change for each race or something, or Battlet.Net improvements.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By csl316
    @Joru said:
    I hope the campaign is not the only thing they're going to talk about. I'm very curious as to what they will do with the multiplayer. They can't change it too much, because of the pro scene so it will be very interesting to see what they do.   Maybe it'll just be a unit change for each race or something, or Battlet.Net improvements.
    All I know is that in an older interview, they said HotS would render WoL "obsolete."  Granted, it might be a handful of changes, but even a build time change or unit range adjustment can send the pros down completely new paths.  Of course, some new units and abilities will most likely appear, so even some subtle differences will send the pro scene into disarray.
    Joru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Joru
    @csl316: Yeah, that's kind of what I'm saying. I'm sure they'll try to make it more interesting in the process though. And there will probably be a beta so that there won't be a situation where a a tournament starts and no one has found a stable playstyle.
    csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By csl316
    @Joru: Yeah, at this point any change has to make sense and would definitely benefit from a beta phase.  They don't wanna release it and have tournaments stick with Wings of Liberty because of imbalance.
    strangone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By strangone

I know this won't happen but I hope they change the unit collision sizes for multiplayer. Could be alot better if units weren't constantly clumped into a ball.

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ShockD

Looking good. As always.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.