Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

Almost time for a new laptop.

MrHadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So my question is, is there a reasonably priced Laptop that can run SC2 on the highest settings?

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Ravenlight

Is portability a requisite feature of your purchase? I ask because you can save a decent chunk of dosh by building an equivalent tower PC.

Blizzard's recommended specs seem pretty lowball to me. My PC has almost the exact specs listed but still chugs on medium-high settings sometimes and gets consistently bogged down in 4+ player matches.

I'm not sure what part of the world you're in so check these specs out on your own to get an accurate price: A Core i5 processor is what I've seen recommended for every build since it came out. Price varies between the latest and previous versions of the architecture but any one should serve you well. The mobile versions don't clock as high as their desktop counterparts but it's still a quality processor.

You can definitely get away with as little as 2 gigs of RAM but I really wouldn't recommend any less than 4 gigs if you're actually going to be using your computer for anything other than SC2.

Sadly, I've been out of the video card loop for almost a year now and I'm even further removed from mobile cards. Hopefully some other helpful duder will chime in.

I've heard pretty much universally positive things about Alienware laptops but be forewarned that you're generally paying more than you need to for the brand alone. Unfortunately, I can't confidentially recommend an alternative.

Hope this helps at least a little!

BlatantNinja23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What do you consider reasonably priced? Cause I would consider an macbook air being that.

MrHadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MrHadouken

@ravenlight: I plan on building a nice PC, I just don't have the money for it now or time. All I need is a laptop for school work and getting on the internet, but I would like to be able to at least run SC2 the only game I intend to play on the said laptop. As for price about $500-$700.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.