Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

Cheating on ladder

haffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By haffy

Anyone ran into much cheating on ladder yourself? There's a big thread on TeamLiquid about hacking in high masters and GM. Which is here if anyone wants to read.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=340614

Kind of funny playing them to be honest. It's really noticeable when you're playing them, I actually called out the guy for hacking in the first replay, kind of early in the game, just because of his dumb decisions.

The guy also forgets to hotkey his third queen, so what ever program he was using to inject wasn't working on all his queens. His main base queen and the queen he moves onto his third have perfect injects, even while he has his army selected at the same time. The queen he forgets to hot key builds up 200/200 energy lol.

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replay-videos/19074

This ones just blatant. Sends his probe to my base and tries to rush me without scouting, then goes onto call me a hacker most of the game lol.

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replay-videos/19075

Anyone else having any experience with this lately?

I'm getting the feeling more people are aware of it and trying it out themselves. It seems like it's a lot more common than around a year ago, I was pretty confident a year ago I had never played a map hacker. Now it feels like it's every 100 or so games I either find someone doing it or really weird play, but no proof.

Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Cramsy

After I lose I'm usually too angry at myself for losing and don't bother to check the replay

Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Jace

I thought this thread was going to be about playing as Terran. Seriously though, that's pretty messed up.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I'd say I've not encountered hacking at all yet, but I don't rewatch all of my matches so I'm not too sure. Though, this is a very big problem for SC2 if it is prevalent, so I hope it gets addressed soon.

Willza92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Willza92

Can't say I have encountered this but...

@Cramsy said:

After I lose I'm usually too angry at myself for losing and don't bother to check the replay

baldgye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By baldgye

I've yet to come across any cheating... though I do see alot of play in games and think to my self, why would do u do that unless you where cheating... but then I watch the replay and see that its because they are just garbage...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.