Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

SCV Rush?

JokerClown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By JokerClown88

So...I was playing a game this evening (I play Zerg) against someone who was "slightly favored" to win the game.  He was playing as Terran.  The game starts and I begin hauling ass to get my economy up and running as fast as I can so that I can drop a spawning pool and get some early zergling scouts.  I've got around 16 drones mining for me and my spawning pool over half way done, when every single enemy SCV rushes my mineral line.  I mass my drones to fight back and start pumping out zerglings when the enemy command center drops right in my base.  I was able to take it out with six zerglings and it was game over.  The dude quit.   

Has anyone ever seen a strategy like this before?  It was very confusing to me as to why someone would do that.  

Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Sarumarine

Considering some of the videos I've seen of people playing StarCraft 2 and the importance of actions per minute and timing of when you're supposed to make supply, barracks, etc. Maybe he screwed up one of his plans to the point where he said "screw it" and just rushed you.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Marz

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By meteora
    @Sarumarine said:
    " Considering some of the videos I've seen of people playing StarCraft 2 and the importance of actions per minute and timing of when you're supposed to make supply, barracks, etc. Maybe he screwed up one of his plans to the point where he said "screw it" and just rushed you. "
    Sure did it in fashion.
    Aetos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Aetos

Maybe he was trying something like this.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
    SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

In the first game, if I felt I was getting fucked hard, I'd try and remount a defense with my drones. 

Thing is, people thought it was a joke, but by the time they chased most of my drones (no, I never sent all of them, hurr durr) I had 12 or so hydralisks coming in from Nydus canals. Great ragequit device.  

I still haven't picked up 2, but I highly doubt that "scrubby" tactic would work at all. 

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#7  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @JokerClown88 said:
    " So...I was playing a game this evening (I play Zerg) against someone who was "slightly favored" to win the game.  He was playing as Terran.  The game starts and I begin hauling ass to get my economy up and running as fast as I can so that I can drop a spawning pool and get some early zergling scouts.  I've got around 16 drones mining for me and my spawning pool over half way done, when every single enemy SCV rushes my mineral line.  I mass my drones to fight back and start pumping out zerglings when the enemy command center drops right in my base.  I was able to take it out with six zerglings and it was game over.  The dude quit.    Has anyone ever seen a strategy like this before?  It was very confusing to me as to why someone would do that.   "
    It's just an OMGWTFBBQ tactic that can overwhelm newer players, best done with Terran since SCVs are the most durable of workers.  The SCV rush is a classic newb stomping strat from SC.  Just do a YouTube search for SCV rush.
    Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Pinworm45
    @StarvingGamer said:
    " @JokerClown88 said:
    " So...I was playing a game this evening (I play Zerg) against someone who was "slightly favored" to win the game.  He was playing as Terran.  The game starts and I begin hauling ass to get my economy up and running as fast as I can so that I can drop a spawning pool and get some early zergling scouts.  I've got around 16 drones mining for me and my spawning pool over half way done, when every single enemy SCV rushes my mineral line.  I mass my drones to fight back and start pumping out zerglings when the enemy command center drops right in my base.  I was able to take it out with six zerglings and it was game over.  The dude quit.    Has anyone ever seen a strategy like this before?  It was very confusing to me as to why someone would do that.   "
    It's just an OMGWTFBBQ tactic that can overwhelm newer players, best done with Terran since SCVs are the most durable of workers.  The SCV rush is a classic newb stomping strat from SC.  Just do a YouTube search for SCV rush. "
    Protoss probes are way better for this. Send them away when they lose shields and they recharge. 
    ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By ReyGitano

I was never good at the game, or wanted to invest the time to be, but my friends played a lot of it. One game pretty much both armies got wiped out, and I was being an idiot building mass SCV's and turrets. I got all my SCV's and attacked an enemy base. Dumbest thing I've ever seen or done, but it worked with some backup. Never played another game of Starcraft online after that.

JokerClown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JokerClown88

After watching the replay he attempted to pull that shortest game ever thing, but failed miserably.  He took too long to reach my base while dicking around the map.  He was dead before the game started.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#11  Edited By sjschmidt93

He was probably planetary fortress rushing and the scv's were suppose to be there to repair it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.