Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

Sources for Casts?

Mercer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mercer

Well, i've been jumping back into watching a lot of commentated pro games, but i feel like i'm running low on sources.

I've been watching alot of HuskyStarcraft and Day9, but they have a hard time casting alot of games regularly and there are quite a few casters on Youtube but they are really hit-or-miss on how well they can do running commentary.

I've also been working my way through the North American Star League Playoffs (awesome commentators IMO and excited for the Grand Finals this weekend). Really high quality coverage out of that League too.

So anyone have some other suggestions for sources of great casting?

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By csl316

Well, the GSL spoiled me. Gomtv.net is the site. I think the first matches of a series are free, then you gotta pay $15 for a season or so (which is a TON of content).

I don't pay anymore, but Tasteless and Artosis are by far my favorite casters and the GSL in general was always worth it. The other guys they have there are pretty cool, too, though I'm not sure what the casting roster is at the moment.

indiefinch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By indiefinch

@csl316 said:

Well, the GSL spoiled me. Gomtv.net is the site. I think the first matches of a series are free, then you gotta pay $15 for a season or so (which is a TON of content).

I don't pay anymore, but Tasteless and Artosis are by far my favorite casters and the GSL in general was always worth it. The other guys they have there are pretty cool, too, though I'm not sure what the casting roster is at the moment.

Tasteless and Artosis still take care of GSL Code S. Then Wolf and Khaldor take care of Code A. As far as the OP, I suggest subscribing to at least the current GSL season and see if that is what you are looking for. It will have the best players / casters / production and all the VODs are available on their site in HQ. I have been subscribing since 2010 and the service continues to get better and better. Other places I would suggest are the NASL matches, IPL matches, and then the various smaller leagues such as the EG Masters Cup which you will find over on Twitch.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By csl316

@IndieFinch: Ok, I figured Wolf was the mainstay. I've heard good things about Khaldor but I unfortunately haven't caught him.

I used to watch so much god damn GSL that I didn't have time for anything else. It was awesome and horrible all at once!

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By NickL

@Mercer said:

Well, i've been jumping back into watching a lot of commentated pro games, but i feel like i'm running low on sources.

I've been watching alot of HuskyStarcraft and Day9, but they have a hard time casting alot of games regularly and there are quite a few casters on Youtube but they are really hit-or-miss on how well they can do running commentary.

I've also been working my way through the North American Star League Playoffs (awesome commentators IMO and excited for the Grand Finals this weekend). Really high quality coverage out of that League too.

So anyone have some other suggestions for sources of great casting?

Just hop over to teamliquid.net and jump into whatever live tournament is going on and see if you enjoy the caster. Nothing beats the thrill of knowing "This is happening right NOW!" when it comes to sc2 in my opinion.

edit: live tournaments are on the right bar if you go check it out.

indiefinch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By indiefinch

@csl316: You should check out Khaldor then. He is easily one of my favorite, if not my favorite caster out there. I used to watch his casts in German, even though I couldn't understand a word he said, because I enjoyed his style so much. Also check out Homestory Cup V that took place this past weekend. I believe it was streamed on TakeTV on Twitch, not sure if he has the VODs up yet but there was lots of good games / player analysis.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By csl316

@IndieFinch: My only experience with Khaldor is when he opened a beer bottle with a phone. So just based on that I like his style. I'll take a look at Homestory, that's always a kick ass tourney. Nice to see that my countryman won it this time around.

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By killacam

someone make me good at this game.

BlackIrish05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By BlackIrish05

Two Great Sources: http://sc2casts.com/

http://www.reddit.com/r/SpoilerFreeSC

Other than GOM, you will pretty much find everything here.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Dixavd

I would reccommend Total Biscuit, he does constant Starcraft commentary on his second youtube channel (so as to not spam his main one).

He posts videos very regularly and does many tournaments usually doing a livesteam of him commentating every week.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By laserbolts

Husky is all you need.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Ben_H
    Just watch GSL,  it is the best of everything. Best players, best casters, best production, and there's a metric ton of content in each season. I've watched since Open Season 2 and they make it better every season and continually add content. just try out one season and see if you like it. I only have a Light year pass (as opposed to Premium) for GSL and GSTL and it still gives a huge amount of content (like 3 hours per day, depending on the length of the games) and I think it is easily worth the cost.
    Mercer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mercer

Thanks for the suggestions guys now i'm drowning in content...so delicious lol

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.