Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

Starcraft 2: Just Desserts

haethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By haethos

So the news that Starcraft 2 will not support LAN has just hit the wire, and predictably, the online community has gone nuts with bashing Blizzard.

While I'll miss the LAN feature, I can't help but feel like this is just desserts. Just look at Warcraft 3 and how many pirated copies there are out there, with people taking advantage of the LAN feature to play via Hamachi or other applications like GArena. GArena doesn't bother with checking to see if the copies are legit or not, and honestly, I feel sick when I think of how many people are enjoying the fruits of Blizzard's labors without even throwing them a bone.

Blizzard is just taking the next logical step in the war against piracy. Don't blame Blizzard: this decision must've been tough, but was ultimately necessary. Instead, blame the pirates who've been screwing Blizzard over and applications like GArena for allowing pirates to have full functionality.

haethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By haethos

So the news that Starcraft 2 will not support LAN has just hit the wire, and predictably, the online community has gone nuts with bashing Blizzard.

While I'll miss the LAN feature, I can't help but feel like this is just desserts. Just look at Warcraft 3 and how many pirated copies there are out there, with people taking advantage of the LAN feature to play via Hamachi or other applications like GArena. GArena doesn't bother with checking to see if the copies are legit or not, and honestly, I feel sick when I think of how many people are enjoying the fruits of Blizzard's labors without even throwing them a bone.

Blizzard is just taking the next logical step in the war against piracy. Don't blame Blizzard: this decision must've been tough, but was ultimately necessary. Instead, blame the pirates who've been screwing Blizzard over and applications like GArena for allowing pirates to have full functionality.

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By weltal

What? I mean, I don't give a shit about LAN, but how are pirates the fault of people who want LAN?

jasondaplock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By jasondaplock

I'm in the exact same boat as Haethos. However, if there is no LAN and the AI is retarded, that will make practicing painfully difficult--for someone who will be playing the game casually like myself, anyway.

troll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By troll

starcraft is overrated

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.