Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

StarCraft II Demo?

HektikLyfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By HektikLyfe

I know people are all out there enjoying the Beta.  I've tried many different times to gain access but have failed miserably. 

I was only relatively recently introduced to StarCraft and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I can't say I'm any good but I'm excited for the sequel.  SO excited that I am even contemplating that $100 version.

...but I wish there was a way to know if the game was going to choke on my computers.  I am excited...but not excited enough to have to upgrade my systems just to play the game at a respectable graphics setting.  IF I have to reduce the settings to the point where it looks like StarCraft 1 well I might as well be playing SC 1 right?

Does anyone know if there will be a demo before the release of full version?  I really wish I could get my hands on that dang beta just to test it for a week or so.   I have some pretty old equipment and the specs on all my computers fit within the range but I would like to SEE it for myself you know what I mean?  Stuff that runs in the background and so on will have an effect.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By artofwar420

Most likely there won't be a demo, I mean... was there a demo for ANY of the other Blizzard games? Don't think there's a precedent for that. What are your specs btw?

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By myke_tuna
    @artofwar420 said:
    " Most likely there won't be a demo, I mean... was there a demo for ANY of the other Blizzard games? Don't think there's a precedent for that. What are your specs btw? "
    There was/is a Diablo II demo, but that's the only other one I know of. Either way, SC II should work on your computer if it's got a fairly recent video card (3-4 years old). Blizzard knows people might still be rocking 4-5 year old computers and playing nothing but original SC on there.
    Ferginator4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Ferginator4k

All previous Blizzard games have some form of Demo, but with the merger with Activision gives me doubt towards the possiblity of a demo.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By artofwar420

You know what, I think there was a demo for most Blizzard games. I guess I never looked for them. I was dead wrong.

CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By CaptainObvious
    @artofwar420: Even the first Starcraft had a long ass demo.
    shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By shirogane

I'm quite sure every major Blizzard game has had a demo. 
    Diablo 1 has one, Diablo 2 has one. 
    War3 i vaguely remember. And one of my friends was talking about instaling the SC demo on the school computers or something. 

I can tell you now that SC2, even on the lowest settings, looks nothing like SC1. Also, there are quite a lot of improvements that you will probably want. 

There's a hack for the SC2 beta out there that was mentioned here a while back. But you'll have to find that yourself.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
    deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I suspect there will be a demo, but not for free.

Exton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Exton

I suspect that Activision/Blizzard will create their own digital distribution platform, something like Steam, and name it 'Battle.net'. With Battle.net, they will be the major competitor of Steam and further burn your wallet with more micro-transactions; mounts, pets, in-game items, exp bonus, skins... etc. 

Oh.. and there will be demos too.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Pinworm45
    @artofwar420 said:
    " Most likely there won't be a demo, I mean... was there a demo for ANY of the other Blizzard games? Don't think there's a precedent for that. What are your specs btw? "
    I don't think there's any blizzard games that HASN'T had a demo. They're usually long and good, too.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you really want to play a demo you could right now, if you know what I meen : O

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
    deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The beta doesn't tell you anything about the singleplayer portion, which I am interested in. A singleplayer beta would be very welcome. If you want to know how it looks, I can just check out shots and videos.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.