Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

The Race Down To Silver, Ep. 1

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Donos

What is it?

You tell me an attack or general build. I do it and post the replays plus a small writeup if time/interest allows. I want to emphasize that it does not have to be good or even reasonable.

Why?

The story is, I've been off Starcraft for a while and I'd like to get properly into 1v1. Before that, I'd like to stretch my muscles a bit and destroy my (platinum) ladder rank, such that I stop wimping out and playing 4v4s instead.

Details

I'll generally pick entries in the order they're received, with a preference for Zerg (since they're my favourite race).

Replays

Test Game - Just played this game to check that my replay and linking works. Turns out, newbie tuesday attacks are effective. I'll add the rest of today's replays here, once there are some responses.

Planetary Fortress game for Pazy - Wait, you can build an engineering bay without a barracks?

Double Expand and 40 Pool - You know, I think this could actually work.

Mothership - Well, I got a mothership. Problem is, I don't know how to play protoss.

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Donos

What is it?

You tell me an attack or general build. I do it and post the replays plus a small writeup if time/interest allows. I want to emphasize that it does not have to be good or even reasonable.

Why?

The story is, I've been off Starcraft for a while and I'd like to get properly into 1v1. Before that, I'd like to stretch my muscles a bit and destroy my (platinum) ladder rank, such that I stop wimping out and playing 4v4s instead.

Details

I'll generally pick entries in the order they're received, with a preference for Zerg (since they're my favourite race).

Replays

Test Game - Just played this game to check that my replay and linking works. Turns out, newbie tuesday attacks are effective. I'll add the rest of today's replays here, once there are some responses.

Planetary Fortress game for Pazy - Wait, you can build an engineering bay without a barracks?

Double Expand and 40 Pool - You know, I think this could actually work.

Mothership - Well, I got a mothership. Problem is, I don't know how to play protoss.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Pazy

I dont know how to form it like a build but my favourite strategy, but not the best, is to rush to engineering bay (as Terran) while mining enough gas for Planetary Fortress (I cant remember, now played in a while) and then float your command center (with SCV's) over and build the planetery fortress. You probably wont win but if you do you will laugh for days.

EDIT: Oh, fast expand to their natural. I dont have real strategies, I just confuse and destabalise friends.

drevilbones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By drevilbones

I don't know enough about starcraft to suggest anything, but I support this endeavor. Could be really entertaining if you posted to youtube with commentary. Good luck!

jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By jimi

Double fast expand 40 pool.

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Donos

Sorry Pazy, missed the edit. I'll try an expo -> PF a little later.

I don't think I'll be doing any commentary/youtube for these as that would require knowledge and charisma that I don't have right this second. I'll see how it goes though.

Planetary Fortress game for Pazy

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Pazy

@Donos said:

Sorry Pazy, missed the edit. I'll try an expo -> PF a little later.

I don't think I'll be doing any commentary/youtube for these as that would require knowledge and charisma that I don't have right this second. I'll see how it goes though.

Planetary Fortress game for Pazy

The edit wasent really to do it at the same time (though if you want, its still as stupid). It was more an alternate suggestion if you wanted one.

EDIT: I dont normally edit this much but it just occured to me that I havent re-installed Starcraft 2 since my laptop's DVD drive dosent work and I have an awful download speed (it can be 100kb's sometimes). Ill store it and watch it when I get it reinstalled!

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By imsh_pl

24 pool

babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By babblinmule

Mothership rush baby!!!

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Donos

40 pool is done, I think 24 could actually work. It's similar though, so I'll do that later. Mothership rush is next, which will probably be terrible because I've never spent any time with Protoss.

Double Expand and 40 Pool

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Donos

Took a couple tries, but I actually managed to make a mothership. Also, I need meals and stuff, so I'll be back later. Keep the ideas coming.

Mothership

RespectTheNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RespectTheNerd

fast expand to opponents exp and just build spine crawlers? and maybe tech to muta? 
    if you can win with that then you are my new hero :)

baldgye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By baldgye

6pool

DG991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DG991

This is a good idea. I wish I thought of it.

Try an immortal/phoenix build.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Ravenlight

As Zerg, see if you can claim all the expansions. Winning the game is not a requirement.

EDIT: You must build at least a hatchery and extractor for an expansion to count as "claimed." Actually harvesting minerals/gas will count for bonus points but again are not required.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Ben_H

6pool someone ZvP on Tal'Darim Altar and watch as they crap themselves because they have nothing ready for it since everyone goes Nexus before forge. It's a legitimate strategy on that map and Shakuras. I won an absolutely bonkers game the other day after doing that.

Also, do the new hotness, the PvZ Mothership/Zealot/Archon. It nullifies roach/hydra/corruptor armies and is insanely fun. Here's a replay of me doing it:

http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=details&id=235476&st=0#/replay_overview

groin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By groin

Play as Zerg with the requirement that you're not allowed to step off the creep.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.