Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Apr 01, 1998

StarCraft has been called the greatest real-time strategy game ever and it's certainly one of the most critically acclaimed. StarCraft features three powerful, yet balanced races: the Terrans, the Zerg, and the Protoss. You play as each race fights to the death for the fate of the universe.

How long is the average mission in Starcraft for you guys?

delorean99947

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By delorean99947

I just beat Zerg mission 7 and it took 1 hour and 47 minutes. Mission 8 took 1 hour and 21 minutes (not including my 15 saves of trial and error attacks). Is this normal for you guys? 

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By davidwitten22

No. Maybe in brood war if you're in the later missions and don't have particularly great micro. But it should take about an hour.

Max422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Max422

I don't remember the time exactly, especially for the mission, but I think it's probably less than an hour.

Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Sarumarine

I find it hard to nail average time in StarCraft. Usually that depends on what kind of player you are, whether you're aggressive or like to build up bases before rolling across the map. If you're one of those types that like to break the game, there are some missions you can finish in less than five minutes depending on the objective.

The Zerg and Protoss missions usually take the longest, but in my estimate, probably shouldn't take longer than an hour.

Now if you're talking Brood War, those missions will take forever because the game is so much harder and the AI will harass the hell out of you while you're trying to build stuff.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ravenlight

@Max422 said:

I don't remember the time exactly, especially for the mission, but I think it's probably less than an hour.

You realize that all of the threads you've been replying to are all over ten months old, right?

Max422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Max422

@Ravenlight said:

@Max422 said:

You realize that all of the threads you've been replying to are all over ten months old, right?

Not all of the threads, you need to check it again.

btw, the topics I replied to usually on top 5 of the forum, so I think they're still worth to discuss.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.