Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Apr 01, 1998

StarCraft has been called the greatest real-time strategy game ever and it's certainly one of the most critically acclaimed. StarCraft features three powerful, yet balanced races: the Terrans, the Zerg, and the Protoss. You play as each race fights to the death for the fate of the universe.

I've been meaning to get into Starcraft, I've got a question!

ventilaator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By ventilaator

I've been playing the first Starcraft and playing games against the AI.

Against the Terrans I ran into the same problem over and over again. Those god damn cloaked Wraith planes. Missile turrets can detect them, but what do I counter them with if I want to take a group of units and attack the enemy base?

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By thatfrood

Use either the comm center or a science vessel.

nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By nukesniper

Take in a Science Vessel for the Terran, or use the comsat station scanner sweep to detect them, but that wears out over time. 

Each race has a detector that you should bring into combat if you expect to run into cloaked units. In Starcraft 1, those units are Overlords for Zerg, Science Vessels for Terran, and Observers for Protoss. 

SC2 has a very similar system, however the units are different (some of them are).

ventilaator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By ventilaator

Also to clarify, I'm playing as the Terrans myself. 

Figured that would make the most sense to me as a new player, considering I'm going to play the campaign first anyway, and SC2 only has the Terran campaign.

So I'd try them out while playing 1, and be sort of used to them already when starting 2

allenibrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By allenibrahim

Pardon the late reply. Like what was said above, just bring Science Vessels to detect them and either your own flying assault units or Marines for attacking. Make sure to protect them with the Science Vessels!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.