Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Stardew Valley

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Feb 26, 2016

After escaping the burden of city life, an office worker begins their new life managing their grandfather's farmland in the rural region of Stardew Valley in this indie mix of top-down action-RPG and life simulation.

After years of waiting, it's finally happening!

kakuloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Stardew Valley is releasing on February 26th!

I have been waiting for this game for at least 3 years, faithfully following the developer's updates. Now it's practically like I am already playing it, except I am not.

I most look forward to finding out about all the NPCs, as well as getting lots of cute animals for my farm. I only hope that I haven't hyped myself up too much...but from the gameplay streams that ChuckleFish has shown, it's exactly what I am hoping for! Simple farming game...but complex character stories.

I have already decided to name my first cow "Snickermoodle"

Is anyone else looking forward to this as much as I am? Hopefully it becomes a huge hit! =P

FakeKisser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#2  Edited By FakeKisser

I think the fact that no one responded to your question shows how much of a surprise hit this game has been :D I think that you're one of a "few" that were anticipating the game. Instead, most people didn't know about the game until it was gaining all kinds of praise and attention after launch.

I admit that I personally was wary, because I don't like Harvest Moon and get burned out on Animal Crossing games after a couple hours...

That being said, I now want to play Stardew Valley, but I'm half thinking of waiting to see if there will be a Vita or 3DS version. I know it's a one-dude development team, and portable version(s) could be a ways off (unless Sony helps with a port), but I really don't think I will put in the time if I have to play it on a PC. I'll decide after finishing more games on my backlog, if there is no news of other platforms, by then.

The_Tribunal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@fakekisser: @kakuloo:This game is real good. The structure of the game somehow balances an open-ended design with focus through the constant time mechanic. It makes you engage with what you're doing and is constantly, meaningfully rewarding you. This game is really, really good...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.