Watching the Quick Look of this game made me realize something: There are a lot of details about a lot of the systems that aren't exactly obvious. So I thought it could be really helpful to have a place for people to post their "Oh THAT'S how that works? That makes things a LOT easier!" moments and general bits of advice. To start with...
- The bar in the fishing minigame goes up by holding down the button. I spent a long time thinking I needed to mash the button and therefore thinking the minigame was way harder than it actually was.
- There's an option for displaying a little red square that indicates where you're targeting. That's helpful, because sometimes the game isn't targeting the square directly in front of your character
- There's also an option to enable "always run". Make sure that's on.
- Until you upgrade your watering can, use the mouse to water crops. Standing in one spot and clicking on the squares around you is a lot faster/easier than walking from square to square.
- Contrary to what Dan says toward the end of the QL, swinging the sword does NOT use energy. The scythe doesn't use energy either. The only things that use energy (that I've found so far) are the watering can, axe, pickaxe, hoe, and fishing rod.
*edit: I guess Dan actually mentions the watering can thing later on in the QL