Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Starhawk

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released May 08, 2012

Lightbox Interactive is developing this spiritual successor to Warhawk for the PS3, incorporating the character-driven RTS gameplay in a style similar to The Outfit.

All future map packs will be free.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

This is what Lightbox Interactive's CEO Dylan Jobe had to say on the surprise announcement.

"We really didn’t like how inWarhawkwhen we released a new map pack, it forced these divisions on our players. And after we released three expansions, our player community was pretty fractured. With Starhawk that ends! We are incredibly excited to announce that all map packs for Starhawk will be free. Yeah, you read that right…FREE. Whenever we release a map pack you won’t have to pay a friggin’ dime! And we’ve already started the early stages of our next map pack for you guys."

This is fantastic news. Every time a developer releases DLC content it splits the community into chunks and for a game that isn't selling huge amounts, can really devastate the multiplayer aspect.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By MooseyMcMan

That's pretty cool.

MonkeyMitcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By MonkeyMitcho

That`s awesome, i can`t wait

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Venatio

This sounds really great

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RE_Player1

Happy to have bought this day one knowing all future maps will be free. They are right about the Warhawk expansions, it fractured the community so much and no one ended up playing the later expansions.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By csl316

Neat. I played the hell out of Warhawk, but never made it past the first expansion.

I've yet to test the online with this one because I know I'll get in deep as soon as I do. Hopefully this keeps the community going for quite a while in case I need to join later (no time this week, Diablo III next week).

d00dCOMEON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By d00dCOMEON

its like that "im mad at hell" speech; i'm supposed to be happy they aren't cutting content and reselling it back to me? no. thats the way it should be every time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.