Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Starsiege: Tribes

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Nov 30, 1998

Starsiege: Tribes is a squad and class-based multiplayer first-person shooter that emphasizes teamwork across vast, open terrain in space. It established several team-based mechanics that are seen in almost every team-oriented first-person shooter today.

1998 Called - It's Time to Kick Butt

MrMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By MrMan

Just got an email from garage games, they will be adding tribes to there game list!

here's a link!

SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SpecTackle

Yeah this was announced maybe a week ago.

I think the most exciting news that came from this is that the Tribes IP is now owned by Garage Games.

logson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By logson

Oh wow. This makes me want to edit this page more..

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Hasn't Starsiege: Tribes been available free for ages?

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By BoG
    MattyFTM said:
    "Hasn't Starsiege: Tribes been available free for ages?"
    I don't know much about Tribes, but I do know that if it has been free, this will be totally different. This will be like Quake Live, with leaderboards, skill matching, a friend system, organized tournaments, and new content coming at a steady pace, and all around gameplay and visual enhancements, all in your browser window. id has talked about making Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, which has been free since it was released. Why am I so excited to see it turned into a browser game? Becuase ET was awesome, and a new wave of players plus a tightening of the engine, new content, and all the other great features makes it very enticing. I'm sure the same goes for Tribes, as I doubt anyone plays anymore, so fans will be glad to see new life breathed into the game. Oh, yeah, and these games load up almost instantly, which is really nice when you want to get a quick game in. If I've got 30 minutes before I need to leave for school or work, I can hop into Quake Live knowing I'll spend that 30 minutes gaming, not waiting for it to load up, as is the case for something like TF2. Matches are easy to find as well, so I'm not frustrated trying to find a match as I would with SFIV.
    Overall, I'm a big advocate of these new in browser games. Getting advertisers in on the deal is huge, and will help keep these games fresh with tournaments and content.
    kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By kmdrkul

Man... Tribes.  Every game in the series (especially Vengeance... ugh) had the steepest fricken learning curve.  I remember playing Vengeance online and getting my ass handed to me worse than I've ever, uh, gotten my ass handed to me.

neutralx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#7  Edited By neutralx2
    @kmdrkul: Vengeance by far was the easiest game of them all, and I felt like it did a reasonable job teaching new players how to play with the single player campaign.
    Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Deusoma

This is good news, but frankly, the only reason I find this interesting is the hope that this will bring more attention to the franchise outside of Tribes, and maybe we'll finally get another proper Earthsiege/Starsiege game.

Avatar image for deactivated-588e9fa5ad5d2
    deactivated-588e9fa5ad5d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

If only Louis Castle hadn't messed things up...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.