Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

State of Decay 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released May 18, 2018

State of Decay 2 is an open-world survival management game that expands on the systems introduced in the first title in 2013.

Bugs, anyone?

superjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

After playing for 12 hours on PC I've decided to wait for patches because of the constant bugs that have resulted in lost progress & meaningless deaths. Can't recommend buying this game in its current state. Below are some of the issues I've encountered. What are yours?

• HUD disappearing is the most frequent bug. Can't go into any menus or interact with anything if this happens. You just have to restart the game hoping the autosave isn't too far back.
    • The leader of my group suddenly went off on his own on a killing spree. Can't take control of him. He racks up a bunch of influence points but ends up getting killed trying to take down a Juggernaut by himself. His morale was very low because I refused to build a Shooting Range so I'm not sure if this was like an "insanity" gameplay mechanic.
    • Can't end a "clear all zombies" mission because a zombie spawned inside a grain silo. This didn't stop the NPCs from trying their darndest to melee and shoot the grain silo, but the noise just ends up attracting more zombies.
    • I get inside a car but the camera doesn't follow me when I start driving. I can only see myself driving around from a fixed perspective RC car style. I think the game thinks my character is still standing in front of the camera because I can't get out of the car at this point.
    • Crash to desktop (boring!)
    shikon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I have had 2 "fun" bugs and a minor one, guess i am lucky?

The minor bug was 2 zombies being stuck in a car/each other, but i could still shoot them.
    The fun bugs were in the tutorial i drove off without everyone in the car and you saw them running after you in the cutscene.
    and i once got to a place and a car just ended up flying in to the sky and flipping a bunch, the car ended up flickering a bunch after but once i fixed it with a toolbox it was fine.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By soulcake

The Dam map seems to have the most clipping issues so far. Almost freaked out when my only girl with computing skills clipped through the map and all most felled to death glad the reset radio command worked. O yeah be careful with driving your car into stuff just don't hit anything that aint' a zombie! O yeah and calling in drones seem to make the game crash now and then... Playing this thing COOP seems to be even worse so don't unless your ok with loosing gear cars and survivors.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Multiplayer is a mess but I haven't had many issues. The only issues I have is that one of my dudes I never use has a permanent -40 fatigue for being tired that won't go away despite me never using him

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

I can't even count the number of issues I've had. Multiplayer is especially bad, I had to keep quitting and rejoining my friend's game every 20 minutes because I got stuck opening a door, or it desynced, or crashed. A lot of minor bugs as well.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By pweidman

My first playthrough I got stuck in the ground, and after fighting and losing a survivor to a Jugg, the hud went bye bye . Quitting and restarting fixed both of those. My second playthrough has been much better actually. Still lots of little stuff, but nothing game breaking. The 'I'm stuck' command is amusing...like they knew/know their game's gonna break sometimes. Despite the jank, having fun and feeling the dread of scavenging in the dark, and I feel they definitely got the tension and organic stress nailed in the game.

cannonballbam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I posted in the tips thread, asking if anyone had similar issues. There are quite a few bugs I have run into, but the inability to finish legacy quests for my Trader and Sherrif have been the worst.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Single player is mostly fine for me and I just got to the LEGACY THANG but the multiplayer bugs are insane!
    We continuously lose synch and see different things happening on our screens,
    cars exploding and spinning into the night sky,
    falling through the world,
    getting zombie-RKO'd out of nowhere,
    resources missing or duplicating depending on what car we put them in.
    Developer isn't addressing much and seems busy patting themselves on the back for having a million players.

Also we can't seem to play with friends outside our own country, at all.

saytay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

never drive a car into rails and billboards, especially the curved ones around corners
    easiest way to get your beautiful race car stuck

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I just lost a character when out of nowhere at LEAST 25-30 plague zombies spawned around me and my character refused to vault out the window he was directly in front of. could just be bad luck and shitty parkour mechanics but now i can't move into the 3500 influence super base cause you need 8 survivors :( im crying

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If the HUD disappears when interacting with your base you can get out of it without resorting to turning the game off. You have to "feel" your way deeper into the menu (like selecting what consumable to craft, or what mod to install), and then you can back all the way out and the HUD reappears. The HUD is missing so that's just a guess at what's actually going on, but I've had to do that several times and it's worked every time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.