Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

State of Decay 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released May 18, 2018

State of Decay 2 is an open-world survival management game that expands on the systems introduced in the first title in 2013.

State of Decay 2 for cheap?

bylaska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have been monitoring State of Decay 2 as I primarily enjoy games with online co-op not to mention guns and zombies. However looking it up on Best Buy this morning I can preorder it for 25$ and it's got me wondering if I'm more tempted or more concerned by the sale. Anyone really hyped for it? Has there been some bad press already? All I've seen are some IGN previews and I don't get a feeling they are going to say anything damning before release anyway.

Oh yeah, to be clear I'm a firm believer in "don't pre-order games" so let me put that out there. Pre-ordering is not the questions at hand for me it's whether or not I should get my hopes up.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

I don't think that's much of a sale, this is a $29.99 game. 10-15% off of MSRP is pretty standard preorder pricing.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

It's common for preorders to have a 10-15% discount. I wouldn't take that as a sign of the game's quality, but I also recommend never preordering anything. Eating the five bucks is a whole lot more appealing than eating $25 for a (potentially) shit game.

MattGiersoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By MattGiersoni

Haven't really seen bad press, it does look a bit janky in a way the first one was, but it's still looks to be a great game. If you're really worried you can always sub to xbox game pass once SoD2 releases and play the game for 10$ because remember, all future first party xbox exclusives like state of decay and sea of thieves and whatever else comes next will be day 1 on xbox game pass.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Zurv

I got the game pass for $1 to i can play this :)

I also think they have a 15 day trail too.

I wish co-op was handled better. This is something i'd want to play with friends.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By nutter

@zurv: I felt the same way at first, but none of my friends are all free on the same night anymore. A shared world would ensure I never play.

Very much a personal getting-old issue, but my case none the less.

I’m curious. I’m half tempted to go all in and pre-order to play early, and half thinking $1 gamepass.

I got A Way Out the day it came out. I’ve managed to play two hours so far...life gets in the way...

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Zurv

I did buy it because i was bored. Yeah, totally not worth it (you can you play it for free with a xbox game pass.)

It is fine, but after about 6-7 hours you see the full loop.. you have your leader.. and ugh.. "it is just going to keep going like this.. huh?"

I very much dislike random dumb stuff happening to my base that takes me away from playing the game. "hey, X resource in your base is gone/stolen"

come on game, let me play! I have to keep going back. This isn't about juggling plates.. it just not fun.

It doesn't look great either (but isn't demanding so good for low end systems). Also, no HDR on the PC!? come on. Night time is so not fun! (which HDR would have helped with) It has it on the xbox - but on the X the game is max 30fps and drops. So, HDR is nice, but not enough to play with poor frame rates.

(here it is in 4k on the PC in "ultra")

Loading Video...

breq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By breq

It's a management sim game that has a janky middle sized open world to move around in to get those numbers up! If you don't like micromanagement getting in the way of shooting things, this isn't for you. The first state of decay should be really cheap now, maybe give that a shot first. I personally love it, flaws and all.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Zurv

of course it is a management sim. Just not a good one. Setting up systems to use resources is one thing (ie, juggling plates). But randomly removing a lot of your resources sucks.

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Deathstriker

I plan to try it out through game pass. I was hoping this would fill the want I had for me and my Xbox friends playing DayZ together, but after looking at people stream this game... I'm doubting that. However, it still looks fun, especially for a game that's $1 to $30 depending on how you get your hands on it. I do think a shared world would've been more interesting in co-op, maybe scale it to how many people are in your gang/clan, which is something Warframe's dojo has been doing for a while now. I also think The Division should've been doing this and hopefully its sequel does if they still have base building aspects.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.