Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

State of Decay 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released May 18, 2018

State of Decay 2 is an open-world survival management game that expands on the systems introduced in the first title in 2013.

Tips, anyone?

• 65 results
    NotSoSneakyGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@vodun: They don't need to be active, I believe that those kinds of skill level ups apply to all characters in your community.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

Can you put as much stuff in your supply locker as you want? I know the base resources have caps and break if you have too many but what about the locker?

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

saytay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cannonballbam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has anyone had trouble completing this game? I had the legacy mission bug for the Sherrif. Which resulted in losing a 16 hour save file, trying various ways to get it to start. Currently I am stuck in another 13 hour playthrough as the Trader with the last few legacy missions refusing to populate.

Just curious if anyone else is having the same experience, and if so, are you using a copy from game pass?

hexhunter222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I've gotten several found cars stuck on rocks and barriers, but since I've upgraded my vehicles I've always been able to get out of those situations. upgraded cars seem to have much better off road capability in general, I have even taken shortcuts off road or thrown the car down rocky cliffs and been able to flip the car at the bottom. It also changes their storage, my muscle car went down to just 2 slots while my ambulance increased to 8.

You can find upgrades with traders, they cost a couple 100 influence, I don't know if you need a skill to use them.

Symbyosys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really helpful thread y'all, excited to get home and try this tonight, Brad's vids and Austin's story were enough to convince me I would have a unique experience and shouldn't pass it up.

NotSoSneakyGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By NotSoSneakyGuy

@cannonballbam: I've run into the exact same problem, not on game pass. I've also seen other threads on the internet with similar issues. It's kind of a buzz kill, unable to get the legacy bonus and survivors for a new game.

I think the bug is after destroying the final plague heart on your map, you are suppose to get a mission to talk to people at your base about it. My guess is that it sometimes doesn't trigger and you get stuck trying to finish your legacy quest line.

My first playthrough was Warlord. But I've seen streams of people finishing as Sheriff. So, I don't know.

TravisRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hot tip, cheat engine :p

saytay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cannonballbam: I think the last couple legacy mission doesn't trigger unless you move into the biggest base on map?

I played as builder and warlord and both times the legacy missions after you cleared plague hearts doesn't pop out until I move into the container fortress on the map

cannonballbam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@notsosneakyguy: @saytay: I had the same issue when I choose a Sheriff, in the Valley map. I am a game pass user, so I am glad to hear it's not exclusive to us. But I was able to compile enough information as to how to not run into the bug.

Currently, the game will randomly generate legacy quests before you dispose of the 10+ plague hearts. I have found it is best to ignore any and all legacy quests that appear until after you clear the map of plague hearts. Once you do the objectives in that order, your proper legacy quests should pop up and you will be able to finish the campaign.

I have already finished a campaign as a Trader on the Valley map by following this order and can say with confidence that it works. It is just a shame that I had to give up one and a half good runs until I figured out what was going wrong. I hope this information is helpful.

breq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope somewhere down the line they give us a "hard mode" of sorts. Once you finish the first community and know how things work you can SPEED through your next play communities.

HomeMadeTshirt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just started playing this weekend, and I keep getting messages about my stockpiles of fuel, ammo and meds being depleted, even when I've got quite a lot of something. What's going on and how do I fix it?

Moztacular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@homemadetshirt: I think that's related to your storage capacity. Once you get above 25 of a resource, it'll start to "decay" (!) and you'll lose 1-2 of that resource every so often as punishment. I think it's basically the games way of trying to keep you from ever getting a shit load of any particular resource. You can upgrade your storage at the base to increase how much of certain resources you can hold.

I also found a "pallet" mod that increased storage by 10 once installed. Mods seem to be semi-rare as I've only seen the pallet once so far.

saytay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By saytay

oh yeah
    when you see any lake/river you can just cross it, both on foot and vehicles
    they're more shallow than it looks

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.