Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

State of Decay

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jun 05, 2013

State of Decay is an ambitious zombie apocalypse survival game set in a current-day open world that asks "What would you do if it really happened?"

How did your first survivor bite it?

russcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By russcat

I'm having a lot of fun with this game. The permadeath is one of the aspects that I find myself enjoying; it makes for a much more tense experience.

Karen called on me (playing Maya) to help kill a juggernaut. I'd never fought one of these before. Unfortunately, a horde stumbled into us just after we engaged it, including a screamer.

Karen went down in about five seconds... And I didn't even have time to run away, so the zeds got a double kill. Doh!

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

He got over run by a zombie horde, i think i only lost 1 dude but it's been a while since i played it.

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By themangalist

None of my characters died because of non-scripted events (whoops spoilers)...but Maya came very very close to dying.

Maya was my main after Marcus, I alternate between the two. Maya was a tough girl so when Lily asked the party to go back to the starter area for the momento, she went alone.

Big fucking mistake.

It was alright in the beginning until she realized the zombies would keep coming, the "clear this zone" area is way too big. Special infected kept swarming in. This was the first moment she felt like she could actually die. She climbed up the water tower and waited there until the sun set and that the crowd dispersed, and finally confident enough to jump back down, outrun the zombies, and head home.

I can't think of a moment that was this tense in a while. I was thinking to myself "fuck fuck fuck fuck" the whole time crouched on the tower. After that time, I couldn't play Maya like before, I was doing really sloppily sometimes too, fleeing in times when I used to feel like she could handle it. That experience scarred her and I for good.

thesquarepear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was farming a house alone for supplies so I was sneaking up to it taking out zombies melee-style, while still trying to be quiet, and I saw a feral zombie but I didn't want to risk pulling my gun out. Unfortunately it pinned me down and that was it. I can't remember which character but it was one of the 'party' girls so thankfully I didn't lose my most treasured character. The sense of loss was still greater than in any other game I've played and it made me more protective of the remaining survivors. It felt pretty ironic to get taken out so easily pretty late in the game, after facing a juggernaut or a house full of zombies and a few screamers. I guess you shouldn't venture out alone on foot.

Great game (at least on PC) and I might buy the DLC one of these days.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f
    deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I rolled a sports car right in front of a bridge and got tossed out on to the street right into the jaws of a zombie horde. Fought through them, ate all my medicine and turned around and dove under the bridge to avoid another horde coming my way. There was a feral zombie under the bridge, He ripped me in half...

Same basic thing happened again on my first Breakdown attempt. Ran around a corner to avoid a horde and a Feral tore me to pieces.

I hate those clawed jerks.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

I made her jump several times off a cliff till she eventually died.

SeanCoughing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SeanCoughing

I surprisingly never lost one survivor. Though those achievements for getting ripped apart by zombies and sacrificing yourself in a blaze of glory are taunting me. I think I might be down two survivors before the end of this night.

P.S. Anyone get the Breakdown DLC? If so, How is it?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.