Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

2 quick questions about Steam sales

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Rhaknar

so I recently got back into PC gaming, and I'm really liking Steam as a service, but I was wondering if these weekend and midweek sales always happen. And if so,  the second question is, is there a set day when a new sale goes up? Today is wednesday, so will a new sale pop up? My wallet needs to know people!

Thanks for the help

Gav47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Gav47

They don't always happen, I just check every Wednesday and Friday around 6pm. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@Rhaknar:
    Midweek sales are more rare, or at least they were.  Weekend sales happen pretty much every weekend. 

Generally a new sale goes up on Friday, though I think I've seen the weekend sale on Thursday before.  One of those two, but definitely it's up on Friday.
    Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Hunkulese

Just wait for one of their actual sales and stock up. I keep an eye out for their weekend deals but they seem to have a major sale where almost everything is heavily discounted every couple months. I expect a fall or back to school themed major sale coming up soon so unless you're really in need of some new games I'd hold off on buying anything for a little while. 

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By JoeyRavn

Yeah, they have sales quite regularly. If not every week, every two weeks there is some sort of sale or price cut for a couple items. They usually go live on tuesday or wednesday and last till saturday or sunday.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Rhaknar

ok cheers, so its not certain there will be one today, shame.

Avatar image for white_silhouette
    White_Silhouette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By White_Silhouette
    @Rhaknar: Not that much of a shame. I prefer when there aren't sales, since I won't spend money. When the sales are on i think "I'm losing money if i don't buy it". Then later I realize i actually have not time to play all these games I've bought on the steam sales.
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Ineedaname

On the steam store front, specials on the right.
    That's sometimes worth checking, especially if you own Railworks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.