Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

Can't play the steam sale game

Raspharus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It just gives me an error, no matter how many times i try to refresh. Here is a pic to see what I am talking about:

No Caption Provided

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#2  Edited By alistercat

It is having significant server troubles, as you're always playing with several hundred other people per game. Keep trying at different times of the day, that's all I can say.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same, don't even know what it is, or if I should bother, since it's never loaded for me.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@corvak: If you can get it at least loaded up once, it'll let you access the daily milestone deals that unlock. The game itself is basically an MMO raid version of Clicker Heroes. You click on monsters to deal damage, killing monsters gets you gold. Gold lets you upgrade your click damage, enable auto-fire, and purchase abilities (such as "gain a bit of gold for every click for the next X seconds"). The big difference between this and something like Clicker Heroes is that you're playing cooperatively with 800 people (and consequently the monsters have like a thousand times as much health as you'd have in a single player game).

Every time I've tried it, though, it's been reeeeaaally laggy.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By conmulligan

I kept running into the same issue, but joining a friend's game worked for me.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Even as someone who loves idle/clicker/incremental games, it isn't worth your time.

If you have any friends who are playing, you can try joining their game instead; it gave me that same error for the first six hours of the sale yesterday, but joining a friend's game got me through instantly. If all of your friends are too high of a level, just wait until 9am Pacific and try again, because the game will reset then for the next day of sales unlocks.

Raspharus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any idea what this accomplishes? Just seems very pointless.

Avatar image for planetfunksquad
    planetfunksquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ask for a refund (I'm hilarious).

stayflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By stayflip

I tihnk at the end of the sale, the camera will pan around and you'll have been Gordon Freeman the whole time.

"Is this unlocking Half Life 3?"

"No... this WAS Half Life 3"

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

HighPriest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HighPriest

@karaterauser: Please, this isn't Half-Life 3. It's actually Half-Life 2: Episode 3.

Seriously, though, as someone who has spent an unreasonable amount of time on garbage-y clicker things, this is really terrible. Makes me feel a lot better about the unreasonable amount of time I've spent on Cookie Clicker and Adventure Capitalist.

On topic for the original post, I originally had this problem as well. Try again... If you bother. Like I said, this is sorta garbage.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.