Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

Dude, what the...?

TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ

Today I was prompted with restarting Steam to apply an update. I clicked on 'Restart Steam' and so Steam restarted. The Steam window opened and I noticed I was in offline mode, so I changed it to online mode. But I was still offline. So I exited and opened Steam, still offline. Restarted my comp, still offline. Restarted my router, still offline. What has happened?

I'm asking GB because the Steam support doesn't recognize my account at all. No matter what, it'll say my account doesn't exist. So, what's wrong?

Shivoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Shivoa
    Click on the Contact Support button located on the right side of any Steam Support page to create a Steam Support account which is separate from your Steam account. Do not attempt to enter your Steam account information for the Steam Support system, as it will not work.

source.

Your Steam account is for games, your support account is for asking questions. They're two things so if you haven't created two accounts they your account isn't recognised on Steam Support because you don't have a support account.

F33L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By F33L

@TEHMAXXORZ: i believe that simply the steam servers where down.. as they tend to do A LOT lately

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Sackmanjones

Silly newbie

TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ

@F33L said:

@TEHMAXXORZ: i believe that simply the steam servers where down.. as they tend to do A LOT lately

Firstly, this was the first time it had ever happened in around 3 years, and secondly, this topic is 3 months old...

F33L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By F33L

@TEHMAXXORZ: we only agree about the 2nd part, and since 1) it was NOT properly answered 2) not locked i thought i could reply

anyways dont worry i wont reply to a topic of urs ever again :)

you are welcome

as for sackman i wont even bother

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.