Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

Family sharing with single-purpose accounts?

jgf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By jgf

I just though about this thing that the whole library is locked, when anybody plays a single game from it. So what happens if I create a new account for each game that I buy? Then I would have a separate library for each game. So when I want to share a game I can still play the other ones. I only have to log into the other games account. Is this a thing, can this work?

One could also use fewer accounts lets say 2-3 so that only part of the games are locked any time I want to play. Are there any restrictions that would prevent me from doing this?

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

I assume that'd still work. My theory would be you and a few others could make an account where you would all chip in to buy games (mostly single player games that can be finished, don't want someone hogging that account playing DotA 2 all day), and agree with set times for each of them to play.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.