Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

Hand of Fate, Titan Souls, new Strider: should I buy them?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I wish "Steam Sale" were a concept on the site.

Anyway, convince me one way or the other whether these titles are worth playing.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I found Hand of Fate to be really awesome. The combat part isn't anything to write home about, but it's satisfying. The card game/RPG parts of it I felt were amazing. Really neat interactions and tons of different possible paths, somewhat Roguelike-ish. It had an old school D&D campaign feel to it.

Titan souls is cute but kinda a one trick pony. I bought it, played it maybe twice, and haven't touched it since. I can't say I'd recommend it.

Haven't tried Strider.

Avatar image for nocookiesforyou
    NoCookiesForYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Check out the Quick Look of Hand of Fate if you haven't already.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@nocookiesforyou said:

Check out the Quick Look of Hand of Fate if you haven't already.

I did, but Quick Looks are a really shallow look at a game (unless someone is properly reviewing it, or the rare times like when Jeff had pretty much finished Axiom Verge by the time they did the Quick Look) and it's hard to get a sense of how good the game is in its entirety because the staff barely knows how the game works.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

I haven't played Hand of Fate, but that would probably be the one I'd lean toward. It seems like a pretty unique little game

I enjoyed my time with Strider, it got better as the game went along especially after you manage get far enough to where you can stop the auto-broadcast messages, but it definitely lack some key polish and definitely some Production values. It controls reasonably well and like many of its type it gets more fun to play the more powers you acquire. Overall I'd say it's a Generic middle of the road metroidvania.

Titan Souls I didn't like, I didn't like the look or the just general (boss rush) conceit of the game.

Vamino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I put nearly 45 hours into Hand of Fate, so that's my recommendation for sure. I really loved the hell out of that game.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Hand of Fate is pretty fantastic, though the combat can kind of be a little clunky. Strider was fine, but ultimately unremarkable and I was glad to be done with it by the end. Titan Souls is bad.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.