Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

Has anyone tried the Android Steam Link app?

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I'm curious how well this works.

I was waiting for the iOS version and will continue to do so for a while. But to be honest I've been considering buying an Android tablet simply so I can play things on the couch or something.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

Tried it on my Pixelbook that now has Android app support, but unfortunately this app in particular doesn't seem to be supported yet and crashes on launch. Bummer.

Tried it on my phone. Works, though the interface is a little basic. Unfortunately the Switch Pro controller I paired has serious latency issues. Also Bummer.

Overall kind of a bummer in my particular cases, but I can see it being cool in the right circumstances. Seems to generally work as expected. Should only improve as it comes out of beta.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By conmulligan

I tried it on my Android TV over 5GHz WiFi using a DualShock 4. I only dicked around with it for about half an hour but it worked well enough.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

I could see it being great for playing visual novels or other basic mouse only games, if anyone know games that is mostly left mouse button and not much mouse aiming then try it with the app and no controller and report how it goes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.