Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

Steam Indie Reviews: Lone Love Hound-A Hate Story

MikeLemmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 2

Edited By MikeLemmer

Quite a few games released this week. Here we go! (Links lead to review, except for Fireburst & Toy Soldiers.)

Noitu Love 2: A fun little game in the vein of Metal Slug & Gunstar Heroes, but with more dashing & slashing than shooting.

Sherlock Holmes and The Hound of the Baskervilles: A hidden object game that's more fun than expected, mainly due to Holmes' straight-faced comments in light of increasingly absurd situations.

Lone Survivor: A 2D psychological survival horror (emphasis on survival: you gotta eat & sleep) that feels like a good spiritual successor to the old Silent Hill games.

Fireburst: ($10, 3/5 stars) Can't post reviews for this game for some reason, so posting it here: it's a racing game where the boost is also your life & weapon. When you boost, you build up heat that causes your car to burst into flame, damaging nearby cars. But if you hold it down too long, you blow up. A decent racing game with good graphics & music, but the controls & physics are too finicky for my tastes, many of the single-player stages have frustrating requirements, and I doubt you'll find anyone to play online.

Analogue: A Hate Story: A dark, unusual plot in a unique setting makes this visual "romance" novel stand out. A bit pricy for my tastes and its length, but if enjoy this genre and plan on completing both paths, it's probably a good investment.

Toy Soldiers: ($10) Xbox port, not bought/reviewed. I figure the 8 reviews already up for the Xbox version cover it enough, assuming the PC port doesn't have any game-breaking issues.

Which game would I keep playing? Lone Survivor. It really struck me as something different than the other indie games I've played. Sure, it cribs heavily from the old Silent Hill games, but a Silent Hill homage that puts its own twist on things for just $10? That's an insane deal.

See you guys next week. Who knows, if I have time, perhaps I'll do something special for the 50th review.

MikeLemmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By MikeLemmer

Quite a few games released this week. Here we go! (Links lead to review, except for Fireburst & Toy Soldiers.)

Noitu Love 2: A fun little game in the vein of Metal Slug & Gunstar Heroes, but with more dashing & slashing than shooting.

Sherlock Holmes and The Hound of the Baskervilles: A hidden object game that's more fun than expected, mainly due to Holmes' straight-faced comments in light of increasingly absurd situations.

Lone Survivor: A 2D psychological survival horror (emphasis on survival: you gotta eat & sleep) that feels like a good spiritual successor to the old Silent Hill games.

Fireburst: ($10, 3/5 stars) Can't post reviews for this game for some reason, so posting it here: it's a racing game where the boost is also your life & weapon. When you boost, you build up heat that causes your car to burst into flame, damaging nearby cars. But if you hold it down too long, you blow up. A decent racing game with good graphics & music, but the controls & physics are too finicky for my tastes, many of the single-player stages have frustrating requirements, and I doubt you'll find anyone to play online.

Analogue: A Hate Story: A dark, unusual plot in a unique setting makes this visual "romance" novel stand out. A bit pricy for my tastes and its length, but if enjoy this genre and plan on completing both paths, it's probably a good investment.

Toy Soldiers: ($10) Xbox port, not bought/reviewed. I figure the 8 reviews already up for the Xbox version cover it enough, assuming the PC port doesn't have any game-breaking issues.

Which game would I keep playing? Lone Survivor. It really struck me as something different than the other indie games I've played. Sure, it cribs heavily from the old Silent Hill games, but a Silent Hill homage that puts its own twist on things for just $10? That's an insane deal.

See you guys next week. Who knows, if I have time, perhaps I'll do something special for the 50th review.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.