Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

Steam isn't working properly. Weird issue. Need Help

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ozzdog12

Okay so I tried to log on to Steam last night and it gave me a message saying Steam wasnt able to connect and it gave me the option to "go offline". I thought my password was wrong, but it wasnt, as I just connected to Steam on through the browser and it works fine. The client doesn't work for some odd reason(It worked fine on Thursday). I've tried various "solutions" and ultimately uninstalled and re-installed Steam. Now I get this message. Here's the issue. I AM ONLINE!! I've reset my router and I'm even at a friends house, same message.

Suggestions?

No Caption Provided

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By onarum

wait, at your friends house he can log in just fine but when you log in you get the message? or you mean you simply took your laptop with you to your friends house?

edit: found this article regarding your problem see if it helps, but it is very likely some problem with your PC, nothing to do with networking.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.