Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

Steam Summer Sale 2015 - June 11th - June 21st, Now Live

• 198 results
    BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

Valkyria Chronicles was a good deal. Apart from that i haven't seen much interesting yet. Maybe i'm just spoiled by the steam sales from 2011-ish, where the sales would get extremely deep.

Fantastic deal.

I bought it a few weeks ago for 66% off instead of the current 75% off. I'm not even mad. I ended up putting 90+ hours into it. VC certainly has its flaws, and its share of fanservice. But overall, it's a very enjoyable tactics game.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

That Monster game is hella dumb, I can't see myself playing this every day

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

So far I've picked up:

- Payday 2 DLC (the stuff I didn't already own)

- Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth (Bloodborne has made me hungry for more Lovecraft)

- Year Walk (that game that Patrick praised a bunch)

I was half tempted to pick up Darkest Dungeon and the recent Telltale games, but I figured those will all be in another sale by the time they're done.

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@wallzii said:
    @nickhead said:

I can't even get the weird monster game to play. I always get an error message.

Me either.

It worked for me this morning, randomly...and I was already a level 160? And the game was playing itself while I was gone? I think it registered my first attempt at joining, gave me the error message, and then was gathering gold and progress while I wasn't playing.

What the hell is this thing haha

aidros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Got Portal 1 so far, looking to get Kentucky Route Zero and Magicka 2 eventually.

My strategy for this sale is to ask myself "Will I definitely play this game in the next 6 months? (Before the next sale, basically)" and buy it if so.

Working so far, but I may bite on Fallout 3 Complete just to have it, even though I may not get to it.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

So far I'm happy. Picked up Dreadout for $5 and bought bad rats for all my friends at 0.19$ a pop.

Hoping DkS2 drops further in price.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickhead: it plays itself while you're gone. The auto attack keeps running. So really nobody needs to play it, as everyone simply having steam open will likely unlock all of that day's milestones.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

I got Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood, Max Payne 3, and Darksiders 1 & 2(best purchase ever).

I wish a few other games were cheaper than their sale prices have them at, but maybe the'll continually drop.

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@slag: Ha you mean yours actually works?

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ozzdog12 said:

@slag: Ha you mean yours actually works?

I did yesterday. Consider yourself lucky it doesn't today.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@slag: It works, they're just resetting it for todays go round.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone convince me to (or not) get Nidhogg. I'm not going to play multiplayer, I just think it has a cool vibe to it...

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cornbredx: That's what I figured, still can't get it to load tho.

Just want to see if anything carries over, cuz I'm not leveling up all that stuff again.

EDIT: it works now and nothing carries over other than Badge points.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Picked up Grimrock II and This War of Mine for a cool $13 bucks or so. That's not bad. Ten percent off Starbound is super disappointing, but oh well. I'm also really tempted by Gray Goo, but I don't think my laptop could run it, so I'll wait for it to drop further.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
    ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@beachthunder: Super well made, with (like you said) a cool vibe to it. And if you do ever get the chance it's so much fun multiplayer. It's on sale for like a buck right now, so even if you don't see yourself playing it it's A: a steal and B: supporting the developers of an awesome product.

I haven't bought anything myself. Nothing has really caught my eye yet, but I have to come here to say that Wolfenstien is on sale and everyone should buy Wolfenstien.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#117  Edited By jiggajoe14

Picked up crypt of the necrodancer. Been wanting to try out that game.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

50% Crypt of the NecroDancer is too tempting to pass up

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@slag: Nothing carries over, but I am already past my highest level from yesterday so there's that haha

Top8Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's weird that nothing really carries over in the monster game. That's kind of against the whole spirit of the "clicker" games. There about exponential growth.

twigger89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@beachthunder: whats the split for tactics game and japanese anime bs in VC? I've heard good things about that game but I have zero patience for the japanese teenage cliche. Can I completely ignore that stuff or is a large portion of the game character intertaction like a jrpg?

kewlsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I've become a lot more adventurous in my purchases because of the refund system (and less of a cheapskate). Everybody wins!

I bought Momodora 3, Bully, The Detail, Lego Marvel Heroes, Earth Defense Force, Gemini Rue, Legend of Grimrock, Puzzle Agent, Street Racing Syndicate.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By hassun

I wonder if the steam game thing goes past level 999. I guess I'm about to find out.

EDIT: Nope it goes right into the thousands...

bceagles128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beachthunder: Nidhogg has a fucking amazing multiplayer .... but don't get it together if you aren't going to play the multiplayer.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@twigger89: The anime cliches in VC are pretty tame. The story focuses on the war more than anything else. It still has fantastical anime elements and tropes, but the characters are pretty grounded and the gameplay is purely tactical. You aren't going to see cutesy anime girls dancing around if that's what you're worried about.

pcorb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any opinions on whether Valiant Hearts is worth £3? I was interested when it was first revealed, but the reception post release was a bit underwhelming.

twigger89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theblue: I'm glad there isn't dancing anime girls but my biggest concern is there is going to be some high school esque plot going on in between the characters around the tactical combat that will completely kill the atmosphere for me.

IceNDice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#128  Edited By IceNDice

I just picked up Don't Starve, I am dying a ton but man I love this survival game. It gives me a hard challenge that I want to overcome. If you are into survival games like Minecraft then pick this up for only 4.24 USD 75% off of 16.99 USD

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By TheBlue

@twigger89: I'm not really sure what constitutes a high school plot for you, but the story is really just about the war. It occasionally gets mildly heavy dealing with racism and the horrors of war, but it never flies off into ridiculous anime high school antics. Honestly, I'd watch a couple videos of the first few story beats if it concerns you that much.

twigger89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theblue: that's definitely a good idea, I guess I am overthinking it a bit. I think I was listening to a podcast where a guy was completely shitting on the story of the game while simultaneously giving a glowing review of the gameplay and I took that opinion to heart.

meaninoflife42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought D4 yesterday. It's going to be my first time playing through SWERY-created madness. I can't wait.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By BeachThunder

@theblue: that's definitely a good idea, I guess I am overthinking it a bit. I think I was listening to a podcast where a guy was completely shitting on the story of the game while simultaneously giving a glowing review of the gameplay and I took that opinion to heart.

I'm not an anime person at all, but I still really enjoyed the game (it's not that egregiously anime anyway). There's a lot of story stuff that can be completely skipped over - in fact, the most fanservicey part of the game is completely optional.

Anyway, if you're a fan of tactics gameplay, I really do recommend it - the mechanics and game design are very enjoyable. You're missing out on some great stuff if you avoid the game because of its anime-ness.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@twigger89: Nah, the Anime High School thing happened in VC2.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

waiting for a tiny sliver more off NaissanceE but i'm also thinking fuck it $4.99.

i've heard it's frustrating platforming and trail by error but i just love the sort of desolate vibe of it; also have been meaning to try it so might as well finally. Also Drew likes it and how can you not like something he does? <3

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By FacelessVixen

Since I had to buy a new phone out of necessity, I'll just have to settle for Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. I would have bought the game when it was $10 a month or two ago had I known that I could get a near average of 60fps at 1080p with my Celeron G1840, but at $15 with proper refunds instated, I couldn't see much of a losing scenario either way.

Still, wish the summer sale could have held off until July.

Cagliostro88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got Child of Light. Wanted to buy Wolfenstein but apparently i bought it last winter and completely forgot about it. Bad, bad me!

Realized the game i'm waiting for and want from this sales is Cities: Skyline

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't been able to get into that summer sale game thing at all

stinger061

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've banned myself from the Steam sale this year. Despite there being a bunch of games I'm interested in my backlog across multiple systems is too large to justify buying new games, especially when I have numerous games from previous steam sales sitting unplayed.

Baal_Sagoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredchuckdave: Belated thank you, sir! I held off for now. Seems wise to wait for the actual release if I'm going to pay €15.

TreeTrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Borderlands seems to be the latest game(s) to raise their prices before offering a discount >:(

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a55abbb2b8a9
    deactivated-5a55abbb2b8a9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like there's some real scummy stuff going on here. CS was 50% BEFORE today's sale, and now it's on the front page with same pricing.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By 49th

I love the Monster game, it gets more insane each day as people get more tokens to overlevel themselves and just blast through the first 50 levels in minutes.

...I'm on level 500 after only an hour.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally bought Rock of Ages, remember Brad and Ryan really enjoying this weird game so I'll give it a shot

Baal_Sagoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightriff: That's a great choice! I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do. The "tower defense" aspect might take a little getting used to (it did for me) but the concept is just so damn entertaining and the levels are short enough that they constantly pushed me towards just quickly trying the next one ... over and over again.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baal_sagoth: I remember the crew praising the music and incredibly charming aesthetic along with fun gameplay. Might try and get the wife to play against me...it has two player right?

Windir2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Windir2112

Anyone else disappointed by the sale so far? Only got Child of Light and the Metro Redux bundle so far. Not the haul I was expecting. I really hope something great comes up in the remaining days.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

@windir2112: With seven more days of sales, I hope so. We'll see. This price raising thing is pretty stinky.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 69

I have only bought a few of the cheaper games I did not have yet, but I did already beat two of them. I bought and played through both King of Fighters 98 and Metal Slug X.

bceagles128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tomb Raider (2013) for 3.99... ok ok, fine, if you're just going to give it away, I'll take it

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

I almost bought LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga, then I realized it was on sale for 75% off a couple of months ago. It's a Daily Deal but only 66%? I'll just wait.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.