Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

Steam X-mas sales

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1551  Edited By Rhaknar

So i tried Crysis with max settings on (everything turned on to Very High) and even my I7 didnt like that very much :P Everything on High tho and it runs smooth as butter...and its still very pretty. 

Anyone knows what kind of options i can probably turn to very high and have it still run smooth? like i said i have all options turned to High and AA X 8.

I was never much of a PC gamer, just got this rig recently, so I dont know much about what graphic options strain the computers more or whatnot. Mind you, im fine with playing the game with everything "just"on high, it still looks better than it would on a console which is what im used to :P

Edit: Oh, a friend of mine told me to just turn down AA to 4X, and that worked :D Everything Very High and 4XAA, damn! :D Game seems cool too, gunplay seems nice, why is it slammed so much? Hype?

kalmis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

User Lists: 6

#1552  Edited By kalmis

Glad it the sales is over. I think with this and the Black Friday sales I got more than 50 games. Will probably blog about my haul later on. 

edit:
    400!

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1553  Edited By JoeyRavn
    @Rhaknar said:
    " So i tried Crysis with max settings on (everything turned on to Very High) and even my I7 didnt like that very much :P Everything on High tho and it runs smooth as butter...and its still very pretty.   Anyone knows what kind of options i can probably turn to very high and have it still run smooth? like i said i have all options turned to High and AA X 8.  I was never much of a PC gamer, just got this rig recently, so I dont know much about what graphic options strain the computers more or whatnot. Mind you, im fine with playing the game with everything "just"on high, it still looks better than it would on a console which is what im used to :P  Edit: Oh, a friend of mine told me to just turn down AA to 4X, and that worked :D Everything Very High and 4XAA, damn! :D Game seems cool too, gunplay seems nice, why is it slammed so much? Hype? "
    Just out of curiosity, what are the specs of your PC? Running Crysis on Very High at 60FPS is still a feat very few PCs can manage to accomplish :P
    Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I've had Steam since 2006, but the Holiday sales saw me buying more games for the PC than I had for the preceding nigh on 5 years. 
    Of course, me speccing up my comp had a big part in that, but damn if they don't make it easy to spend your cash.

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

#1555  Edited By Legend

Here is what I bought this year: 

And here's what all these games cost me:

DAMN YOU STEAM AND YOUR SALE!! DAMN YOU TO HELL!!
    bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1556  Edited By bybeach
    @TeflonBilly said:

"I've had Steam since 2006, but the Holiday sales saw me buying more games for the PC than I had for the preceding nigh on 5 years. Of course, me speccing up my comp had a big part in that, but damn if they don't make it easy to spend your cash. "

Joey Ravn's question, and in answer to yours, crysis is a fine game. It's just that it has the trappings , with some decent justification, that it is a technological exercise. Also the suspicion on the negative side that it could have been more optimized. It's a bit unfocused, but Crysis is a fine game, and fun to play. Warhead tightens the plot and such up a bit. 

Pc's are finally materially moving ahead of consoles, but not too many games  focus on that, but rather the level of console. I have both X-box and Ps-3 and I like them very much, but right now I'm replaying mass effect 2 on my PC..beautiful 

steam sales are over for me  

torchlight 
    kane and lynch 2 
    the odd world bundle 
    the Sam and Max series 
    The Witcher 
    the Crysis pack 
    Fear 2 and earliar expansion ( the one concerning the so-called pointman is quite good)
    Darksiders 
    The Polynonial 
    Brothers in Arms-Hell's  highway 
    Dirt 2 (wanted one racing game)
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#1557  Edited By LordAndrew
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1558  Edited By Rhaknar
    @JoeyRavn said:

" @Rhaknar said:

" So i tried Crysis with max settings on (everything turned on to Very High) and even my I7 didnt like that very much :P Everything on High tho and it runs smooth as butter...and its still very pretty.   Anyone knows what kind of options i can probably turn to very high and have it still run smooth? like i said i have all options turned to High and AA X 8.  I was never much of a PC gamer, just got this rig recently, so I dont know much about what graphic options strain the computers more or whatnot. Mind you, im fine with playing the game with everything "just"on high, it still looks better than it would on a console which is what im used to :P  Edit: Oh, a friend of mine told me to just turn down AA to 4X, and that worked :D Everything Very High and 4XAA, damn! :D Game seems cool too, gunplay seems nice, why is it slammed so much? Hype? "
    Just out of curiosity, what are the specs of your PC? Running Crysis on Very High at 60FPS is still a feat very few PCs can manage to accomplish :P "
    I never said i run it at 60fps...i dont even know how to check that lol. I said it runs smooth...mind you, smooth for me is "console smooth", whatever that means...30fps? i dunno, its pretty and fast :P fuck me its pretty, you keep hearing about how pretty it is, but when you actually see it...DAMN
    Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#1559  Edited By Afroman269
    @heatDrive88 Don't worry, telling yourself this will never happen again will help. Even though it most likely will, lol.

Also damn it I have to wait till I get back from vacation to start playing my games. I've just been purchasing these games like a madman via my iPhone.
    mubblegum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1560  Edited By mubblegum

So I only got a handful of games, as I already own most of them/didn't have any interest. Though it's tempting to buy random games for like a quid. I ended up mainly getting indie puzzles. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.