Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

Steam....ugh...

HumanityPlague

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By HumanityPlague

So, with the Steam sale, in full swing, I thought I'd discuss what I've bought so far. Granted, there's a few days left, but I'm out of reasonable cash to spend, so this is likely it. So...here goes:

First day:

1. World in Conflict Complete (around 15 bucks)

2. Test Drive Unlimited 2 (10$)

3. Beat Hazard Ultra DLC (3 bucks)

(That day, 27.47$)

Second Day:

1. Zen Bound 2, 1$

2. "Super ID Software Pack" 30$

The Id pack includes the following games: Quake III Arena, Wolfenstein 3D, The Ultimate DOOM, Final DOOM, DOOM II: Hell on Earth, Quake, Quake II, Quake II: The Reckoning, Quake II: Ground Zero, Quake III: Team Arena, HeXen: Beyond Heretic, HeXen: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel, Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders, Wolfenstein 3D: Spear of Destiny, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Quake Mission Pack 2: Dissolution of Eternity, Quake Mission Pack 1: Scourge of Armagon, DOOM 3, HeXen II, DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Master Levels for DOOM II, Commander Keen Complete Pack

3. Meridian 4 Complete Pack, 35$

This includes the following games: Gumboy: Crazy Adventures, Gumboy Crazy Features, RIP, RIP 2: Strike Back, RIP 3: The Last Hero, Vigil: Blood Bitterness, Alpha Prime, Space Trader: Merchant Marine, Pacific Storm, Pacific Storm: Allies, Penguins Arena: Sedna's World, Obulis, Larva Mortus, Chains, Nikopol: Secrets of the Immortals, Crash Time II, Tank Universal, Greed: Black Border, Avencast, Chrome, Chrome: Specforce, Future Wars, Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes, Scratches: Director's Cut, Still Life, Still Life 2, Syberia, Syberia 2, Post Apocalyptic Mayhem, Post Apocalyptic Mayhem: Death Area 8 DLC

(This day, 66$)

Third Day: Nothing (shocker, I know)

Fourth Day:

1. The Longest Journey/Dreamfall pack, around 7 bucks

2. The Mawsome Pack, 3$

3. Transformers: War on Cybertron, 7.50$

4. Greed Corp, I think 3$

5. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Deluxe, 25$

6. Two Worlds 2, I think it was 12, or 13$?

The math doesn't add up quite right, but I ended up spending 61.20$ that day

Fifth Day:

1. Civ 5 America map, 1.50$

and 2. Beat Hazard iTunes support, 0.25$

So, only 1.75$

Sixth Day (today):

1. Jamestown, 5$

That's it, just 5$. I would've gotten the DLC for GTA4, but it's not on sale. So, "GTA 4 Complete (with DLC) is 10$, but the DLC itself is 20$. No thanks.

You'd think that'd be it...but you're wrong.

Extra copies I picked up, to give to friends, at some point:

1. Darksiders, 5$, for my friend Adam. He's away in Europe right now, and he'll hit me back for it, so it's no problem.

2. ANOTHER copy of Darksiders, for 5$. This'll be to a friend, later on.

3. Monday Night Combat, 3.50$ This'll go to a random.

4. Penny Arcade Combo Pack, 1.80$. This'll probably go to Adam, if he's interested at all.

5. Torchlight, 3$ to my friend Amanda.

6. Another Torchlight, 3$, to my friend Kaylee

7. Alpha Protocol, 5$, extra copy

8. Bully: Scholarship Edition, 3.50$, extra copy

9. Beat Hazard Complete: 3.75, extra copy.

So, I've spent about 11$ in gifts to friends. And about another 22.55$, in extra copies of games, to give to friends.

Small EDIT: This is just a rough figure, but I've spent about 160$ on Steam so far.  This isn't exact, but it's close enough.

Today's (7/7) Edit:  Bought an  extra copy of Red Alert 3 (4$), and Guardian of Light for 3.75, and the Legacy of Kain DLC for like 80 cents.

HumanityPlague

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By HumanityPlague

So, with the Steam sale, in full swing, I thought I'd discuss what I've bought so far. Granted, there's a few days left, but I'm out of reasonable cash to spend, so this is likely it. So...here goes:

First day:

1. World in Conflict Complete (around 15 bucks)

2. Test Drive Unlimited 2 (10$)

3. Beat Hazard Ultra DLC (3 bucks)

(That day, 27.47$)

Second Day:

1. Zen Bound 2, 1$

2. "Super ID Software Pack" 30$

The Id pack includes the following games: Quake III Arena, Wolfenstein 3D, The Ultimate DOOM, Final DOOM, DOOM II: Hell on Earth, Quake, Quake II, Quake II: The Reckoning, Quake II: Ground Zero, Quake III: Team Arena, HeXen: Beyond Heretic, HeXen: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel, Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders, Wolfenstein 3D: Spear of Destiny, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Quake Mission Pack 2: Dissolution of Eternity, Quake Mission Pack 1: Scourge of Armagon, DOOM 3, HeXen II, DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Master Levels for DOOM II, Commander Keen Complete Pack

3. Meridian 4 Complete Pack, 35$

This includes the following games: Gumboy: Crazy Adventures, Gumboy Crazy Features, RIP, RIP 2: Strike Back, RIP 3: The Last Hero, Vigil: Blood Bitterness, Alpha Prime, Space Trader: Merchant Marine, Pacific Storm, Pacific Storm: Allies, Penguins Arena: Sedna's World, Obulis, Larva Mortus, Chains, Nikopol: Secrets of the Immortals, Crash Time II, Tank Universal, Greed: Black Border, Avencast, Chrome, Chrome: Specforce, Future Wars, Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes, Scratches: Director's Cut, Still Life, Still Life 2, Syberia, Syberia 2, Post Apocalyptic Mayhem, Post Apocalyptic Mayhem: Death Area 8 DLC

(This day, 66$)

Third Day: Nothing (shocker, I know)

Fourth Day:

1. The Longest Journey/Dreamfall pack, around 7 bucks

2. The Mawsome Pack, 3$

3. Transformers: War on Cybertron, 7.50$

4. Greed Corp, I think 3$

5. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Deluxe, 25$

6. Two Worlds 2, I think it was 12, or 13$?

The math doesn't add up quite right, but I ended up spending 61.20$ that day

Fifth Day:

1. Civ 5 America map, 1.50$

and 2. Beat Hazard iTunes support, 0.25$

So, only 1.75$

Sixth Day (today):

1. Jamestown, 5$

That's it, just 5$. I would've gotten the DLC for GTA4, but it's not on sale. So, "GTA 4 Complete (with DLC) is 10$, but the DLC itself is 20$. No thanks.

You'd think that'd be it...but you're wrong.

Extra copies I picked up, to give to friends, at some point:

1. Darksiders, 5$, for my friend Adam. He's away in Europe right now, and he'll hit me back for it, so it's no problem.

2. ANOTHER copy of Darksiders, for 5$. This'll be to a friend, later on.

3. Monday Night Combat, 3.50$ This'll go to a random.

4. Penny Arcade Combo Pack, 1.80$. This'll probably go to Adam, if he's interested at all.

5. Torchlight, 3$ to my friend Amanda.

6. Another Torchlight, 3$, to my friend Kaylee

7. Alpha Protocol, 5$, extra copy

8. Bully: Scholarship Edition, 3.50$, extra copy

9. Beat Hazard Complete: 3.75, extra copy.

So, I've spent about 11$ in gifts to friends. And about another 22.55$, in extra copies of games, to give to friends.

Small EDIT: This is just a rough figure, but I've spent about 160$ on Steam so far.  This isn't exact, but it's close enough.

Today's (7/7) Edit:  Bought an  extra copy of Red Alert 3 (4$), and Guardian of Light for 3.75, and the Legacy of Kain DLC for like 80 cents.

Sitoxity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Sitoxity

Valve and the Games Developers love you.

It's been very hard for me NOT to buy anything, but I literally don't have the money to. Kinda annoying when I see deals I actually would have liked to use to my advantage. :(

I've just been working on getting any tickets I can in games that I already own. I want as good a chance I can get in the sweepstakes.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

So when are you going to play all of those games?

iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By iDarktread

Do girls like you better if you buy them copies of Torchlight?

HumanityPlague

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HumanityPlague
    @Mr_Skeleton: NEVAR!  It's funny, according to different websites, I either have 391 (Steam library), 359 (Steam Calculator), or 530 (Steam community page).  Not sure why there's a discrepancy like that.  Let's say I own 500 games, I've probably only played about 75 of them.
    Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

It adds up, I know. I love and hate those sales. 
    HumanityPlague

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HumanityPlague
    @iDarktread: No, but guys like you better if you get them copies of Darksiders.
    coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By coakroach

$160 for that many games?! 
    Fuck I cant wait to build a new PC.

iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By iDarktread
    @HumanityPlague: Dammit.
    sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sjupp

@Mr_Skeleton said:

So when are you going to play all of those games?

Huh, please. Who plays all the games they get off steam sales?

Voshterkoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Voshterkoff

Not counting the 20 or so gifts... Steam sales are rough on the wallet.  
     Not counting the 20 or so gifts... Steam sales are rough on the wallet.  
    Voshterkoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Voshterkoff
    @HumanityPlague said:
    @Mr_Skeleton: NEVAR!  It's funny, according to different websites, I either have 391 (Steam library), 359 (Steam Calculator), or 530 (Steam community page).  Not sure why there's a discrepancy like that.  Let's say I own 500 games, I've probably only played about 75 of them.
    I think it's mostly counting/not counting mods you have played.
    Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By Chummy8

Damn, these days I don't have enough spare cash (or the computer to play them) to get anything during this sale.  

Good for you then. 

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By teh_destroyer

I bought The Longest Journey pack to bring back some good gaming memories, but I have not been able to get it to work properly for the life of me.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By louiedog

I don't make gaming purchases unless I have real plans to play the game within the next few weeks, so I haven't bought anything... yet. If something really interesting pops up for very cheap I may pounce. 

I have a PS3 on the way with my welcome back games to play, a $10 copy of Fallout NV from the Best Buy sale, and some existing XBLA and Steam games that I'd like to play more of. By the time those games are finished more will be out that I want to play and there will be other sales for games I've been interested in. It helps that I don't have a strong collecting urge.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By NTM

You put the dollar signs the wrong way. Unless...

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Sooty

I bought Frozen Synapse so far, I already have like 160 games so I have a lot of the must have packs and stuff already.

Frozen Synapse is great though. Looking forward to the last few days of the sales, should hopefully see some better deals come up. I kinda regret not buying Singularity but I think that'll be cheap again soon.

Would like to see the BF2 collection come down in price at some point.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#19  Edited By Rhaknar
    @billnyethesciencepie said:

You bought fucking TRANFORMERS?  Well, whatever floats your boat I guess

err Transformers is quite good. Of all the games for you to act shocked that someone got, you chose that? well, whatever rocks YOUR boat i guess 

@HumanityPlague said:

steam counts free games (even if you didnt download them) and dlc as " games". Oh and seperate multiplayer too, like MW2 and MoH count as 2 games each.community says i have over 300 when in reality i have about...240-250. Played about half of them, which isnt that bad i guess 

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By crusader8463

Steam Summer Sale 2011

1. Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West

Was on sale for $1.50. Friend gifted to me. It's surprisingly good, but sadly games are ether hit or miss almost every time. I'm ether against a team so good ours doesn't stand a chance, or it's so easy it's not fun. When you find a game with the right balance though, it's a ton of fun to play.<br/><br/> Pro-tip: The lady sniper is the best!

2. Heroes of Might and Magic V

The base game and all expansions combined for $4.99. Also bought it a second time for a friend. I have been dying for a turn based strategy game, and decided that I would give this a try and hope that it would satiate that craving.

3. Heroes of Might and Magic V: Hammers of Fate
    4. Heroes of Might and Magic V: Tribes of the East
    5. Just Cause 2

The base game was $4.99, but all the DLC was just $.25 a pop. So I bought all the DLC too and the game came to about $7 with everything. When I played it before my computer was a broken POS that couldn't run it on the lowest settings. Now it's a broken POS that can run it a good pace now that I got a new graphics card.

6. Hamilton's Great Adventure

$4.99. Friend got for me as a gift.

7. Darksiders

$4.99. I bought it because it had been on sale about a million times before and I always missed it, so I just said fuck it I'm going to buy it this time.

8. Starscape

$2.49. I have been eyeing this game for some time, but I kept putting it off until I saw it on sale today. Hope it turns out to be a nice deep game.[br/][br/] It was a broken unplayable mess. It's impossible to move the ship with any kind of control. Glad I didn't pay full price for it, but god dam was it bad.

9. NyxQuest: Kindred Spirits

$2.49. No real reason why I got this. I saw some one mention it, I watched the trailer and thought that a side scroller sounded like it would be something nice and different to play for a change.

10. Garshasp: The Monster Slayer

Was given to me by a user on the site for winning a contest. I think it was $2.50.

11. Guild Wars

A friend bought me the Guild Wars complete pack. It was $14.99

12. Guild Wars: Eye of the North
    13. Guild Wars: Nightfall
    14. Guild Wars: Factions
    15. Minecraft

No it's not on Steam, but I finally gave in and bought the game after I became addicted to watching the yogscast guys play it on youtube. It was $21 iirc. Now I just need to find people to play the game with.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
    CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@HumanityPlague: I would totally gift you a 5 dollar game in exchange for that extra copy of Alpha Protocol.
    HumanityPlague

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By HumanityPlague
    @crusader8463: I got Starscape a while ago.  I actually kind of dug it.  It's a slower feel (moving the ship around), which can be hard to get used to.  I wish there was just a sandbox mode though.
    Klaimore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Klaimore

@Sjupp: Phew...I'm glad I'm not alone,King Arthur was cheap what was I supposed to do not pay $2.99?

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24  Edited By crusader8463
    @HumanityPlague: I wanted to love it, but I couldn't get past the tutorial because I kept flying into asteroids. I even tried plugging in my PS3 controller thinking it might need a controller, and that was even worse. The ship just flew in circles.
    loopy_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#25  Edited By loopy_101

I've picked up way too much here too. 

Steam Store

Quake 2007 Collection

Steam Store

Sanctum

Steam Store

Audiosurf

Steam Store

Killing Floor Bundle - July 2011

Steam Store

GTA IV Complete Bundle

Steam Store

Left 4 Dead 2

Steam Store

Beat Hazard - Ultra

Steam Store

The Deus Ex Collection

Steam Store

Beat Hazard iTunes DLC

Steam Store

Beat Hazard

Complimentary

Steam

Complimentary

Summer Sale Prize - Monday Night Combat DLC

Steam Store

Doom Pack

Steam Store

Trine

Steam Store

Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword

Steam Store

Defense Grid: Resurgence Map Pack 4

Steam Store

Defense Grid: Resurgence Map Pack 3

Steam Store

Defense Grid: Resurgence Map Pack 2

Steam Store

Defense Grid: Resurgence Map Pack 1

Steam Store

Defense Grid: The Awakening

Complimentary

Summer Sale Prize - Alien Breed 2

Steam Store

Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee

Steam Store

Oddworld Abes Oddysee and Exoddus package

Steam Store

Starwars Battlefront II

Steam Store

Penny Arcade Combo Pack

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.