Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

The Steam Sale 2017 Has Arrived

• 131 results
    Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Panfoot

@sparky_buzzsaw said:

Damn it to shit, went in to buy Agatha Christie so my total game count wasn't sitting at 666, and wound up buying a four pack of adventure games. That's it. I'm done, Steam sale! No more... at least until payday.

If we're talking total game count, I just realized I've got 1337 games so I guess that means I NEED to get at least one game to fix that.

DT9k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was hoping to see a little discount on Tokyo 42, but it's fairly new so that's a no-go. Instead I picked up Brigador and thoroughly enjoyed my first couple of hours with it.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

Is Nier fixed yet? It doesn't look like they've patched it.

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
    BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

I'm so pissed at myself. I fucked up and reset my Steam Guard authenticator and now I can't buy or sell any trading cards until well after the sale is over.

Ugh. :-(

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By ripelivejam

I was thinking about Stellaris but everyone is bitching about some pricing issue? I guess they raised it and changed their mind on it but can't change it back until after the sale. (so this isn't a proper discount I suppose...)

e: figured out it was only international pricing, and I apparently already own it so yaay.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All seven games on my wish list went on sale. Then, this thread tipped me off on another three games I didn't know about. Up to ~$90 now. Waiting to see what else pops up before I hit BUY.

RosesAreDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any major must buys? I've got 10 bucks in my account and I'm not sure if I should save it.

-Doom

-Hyper Light Drifter

-Soma

-Furi

or save it for Pyre or Tacoma?

Opinions?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@rosesaredan: If you're interested in existential horror, definitely pick up SOMA. It's the 13th best game ever made...at least according to me.

TheRookie727

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Would you guys recommend steins gate?

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#61  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

@rosesaredan said:

Any major must buys? I've got 10 bucks in my account and I'm not sure if I should save it.

-Doom

-Hyper Light Drifter

-Soma

-Furi

or save it for Pyre or Tacoma?

Opinions?

If you're debating on Hyper Light Drifter and Furi, I take it you'd be into those style of games. In which case, I whole heartedly recommend Furi. So amazing. Great gameplay. Varied bosses. Difficulties change the bosses movesets instead of just altering numbers. And maaaaan does it have styyyyyyle. I wouldn't call it a must buy for everyone but I'd definitely consider it as such for myself.

Haven't played Hyper Light Drifter but I know that's a good one too, based on reception.

Also, SOMA is a must if you like technology/AI story as well as suspense/horror games. It made me think and feel things.

DOOM is an absolute must buy for any fan of FPS.

You listed some really good games. They're must buys for certain types of people for sure. One thing I can say is that I would probably prioritize them over Pyre from what I've heard of Pyre. I'm sure it'll be a great game and I plan on buying it, but I already hold the others in such high regard.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ey yo-

doom

wolfenstein

metal gear 5

dat new deus ex

$60.06.

feelin pretty good about that.

TreeTrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#63  Edited By TreeTrunk

Alright, OK I'm going to buy Hitman

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only games I've really got left are games that still apparently have spotty PC versions and are also considered not as good as their predecessors.

Both Mafia 3 and Just Cause 3 I'd pay for their current price if they included all the DLCs but they don't so looks like I'm not getting anything this sale.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alistercat: I recommend installing the unofficial patch made by the DSfix guy. It has great support just install it and it will update it self to the latest version.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosesaredan: Definitely buy DOOM for 10 bucks that's a steal !

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By ripelivejam

Fancy that, I had a Humble Monthly subscription that I completely forgot about and I already have Stellaris along with like 3 other games on my wishlist.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@teddie said:

I miss 75% discounts.

Same. I've set myself a rule that I would only buy games when they're discounted to 75% or more to stop myself from spending more money on games. Doesn't seem like any of them games on my wishlist will be 75% off, the most I've seen has been around 60%.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I got Prey, Hollow Knight, and Shadow of Mordor. I feel pretty good.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cdbdf5c5a6e1
    deactivated-5cdbdf5c5a6e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Be sure to check out bundles for games you already own. Got Witness for $16 instead of $20 cause I already owned Braid, Portal 2 for $1.50 cause I had #1.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teddie said:

I miss 75% discounts.

Same. I've set myself a rule that I would only buy games when they're discounted to 75% or more to stop myself from spending more money on games. Doesn't seem like any of them games on my wishlist will be 75% off, the most I've seen has been around 60%.

Exactly my mindset too. A lot of stuff has been sitting in my wishlist for years now. I'm definitely not desperate to play most of them, so I'll just patiently wait until they are 75% off...if ever...

There was definitely something joyous though about the time when a whole bunch of stuff was 75+% off. It was really satisfying to remove dozens of things from my wishlist.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

DLC pricing continues to be really weird in the way it seems to never go down.

Wolfenstein The New Order base game is $20

Old Blood DLC is $20

That's just wrong, and it makes me unwilling to buy the DLC. Like $10 is not some huge dent in my pocket, but when I see the full game is going on sale for $10 as well it makes me feel bad about spending the same amount on a DLC pack.

thepullquotes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are some interesting little indies for small amounts of money, some that just nail an idea, but some that just have a ridiculous look.

AuroraRL is an interesting space exploration game for like less than a pound (so probably like half a dollar)

Verdict Guilty is an interesting little fighter

Vanilla Bagel is a weirdly named roguelike, that has a ridiculous colour pallete, in that it's that 2D colour progression thing.(ie it feels like it uses something beyond hex based colour, it just has this vibrancy, that I can't describe)

Rogue Shooter, is weirdly reminiscent of NITEMARE3D in it's colour scheme and art, but is a floor based roguelike fps, with inventory management

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

Old Blood DLC is $20

That's just wrong, and it makes me unwilling to buy the DLC. Like $10 is not some huge dent in my pocket, but when I see the full game is going on sale for $10 as well it makes me feel bad about spending the same amount on a DLC pack.

This trend started quite a few years ago, before the changes to the steam sale with getting rid of flash/daily deals happened. The first one I noticed it happen with was Bioshock: Infinite which regularly goes on sale for 7.49 but the DLC never goes on sale for more then 9.99 at 50%(there is a single time it has gone to 75% which was a mistake in a flash sale or daily deal that got corrected very quickly after). Of course, you can buy a bundle of the game and all the DLC for 14.99, so never buy a base game without DLC on sale, GOTY only I suppose.

Well, steam was mostly broken when the sale started like usual and then by about 8 it was mostly working like normal again, now this morning it's the most broken it's ever been for me. I can't even download a 128.2 mb Hitman patch, it just gives up after a few minutes. Never seen that happen before.

SamanthaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I picked up The Witcher 3 Expansion pass for cheaps because i want to play that when my new pc is done.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone convince me that RE7 is worth getting at 40% off. I'm on the fence and I guess it isn't getting much cheaper any time soon...

leftie68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beachthunder: Do it! RE7 is a very good survival horror game (infinitely better than that crap "The Evil Within"). My second favorite RE in the series (Behind RE2 of course). Yup, even like it better than RE4.

jaycrockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 5

Sticker books! I love all this stupid collectible stuff.

I've pretty much moved to the Xbox One for big releases, but some of these sales are tempting. How does DOOM run on a lower spec PC? Fallout 4?

RosesAreDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thepullquotes: Thanks for the Verdict Guilty recommendation! Looks awesome.

Also thanks everyone else for your opinions!

kcin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

Old Blood DLC is $20

FWIW The Old Blood is a standalone game, not DLC.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kcin: true but it's nowhere near as long or as good as the new order.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

Old Blood DLC is $20

Old Blood is a stand alone game, not DLC.

thepullquotes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sticker books! I love all this stupid collectible stuff.

I've pretty much moved to the Xbox One for big releases, but some of these sales are tempting. How does DOOM run on a lower spec PC? Fallout 4?

Don't know about Doom, but I played through Fallout 4 on a GTX 480 and it was playable. (I also completed MGSV on the same machine)

Baal_Sagoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@humanity: I intensely dislike that as well.

Really pissed me off with Bethesda titles I bough early. I did finally go for the Rise of the Tomb Raider season pass at 60 % off though. Not too sure I'll buy anything else though. I still got my hands full with Tyranny as well.

@rosesaredan: Definitely consider Doom if you're at all into that traditional style of shooter. I love that game for it's outstanding singleplayer campaign.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@omgfather: @kcin: I mean it's standalone in the same way the new Dishonored 2 DLC is being sold as standalone in that it doesn't require the base game but it's not a complete new game. It's additional content that is much shorter than a full retail release and reuses a lot of the same assets. I get what you're saying, and I know Old Blood has a lot of unique stuff to offer and isn't just a cheap map pack, but as far as I'm concerned it's "standalone" DLC to the main game.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

Steins;Gate is sort of excellent and has earned its reputation for a reason. Just be wary that the main character is kinda insufferable for the first chunk of the story, something that's harder to endure when it's a 30-ish hour visual novel instead of a 24 episode anime.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Has anyone played Wolfenstein: The Old Blood recently? Is it still rough on PC?

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@therookie727 said:

Steins;Gate is sort of excellent and has earned its reputation for a reason. Just be wary that the main character is kinda insufferable for the first chunk of the story, something that's harder to endure when it's a 30-ish hour visual novel instead of a 24 episode anime.

I thought the lead's sister was the insufferable one. She's what, 20-something? She acts like a brain-dead, three-year old for the duration of the show. I thought Stein's;Gate was some of the most overrated crap ever and I love me some anime.

DeadlyCyclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do any of you remember a game Vinny showed that you controlled robot drones exploring spaceships, and you controlled them with command line of sorts?

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

#91  Edited By ArbitraryWater

@sinusoidal: Eh, Mayuri never bothered me too much, though I get the sentiment. She's basically the MacGuffin that moves the plot along, and if you aren't willing to buy into her as a character I bet that entire story becomes a lot less interesting. Still love me some Steins;Gate.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

DeadlyCyclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By DeadlyCyclone

@imhungry said:

@deadlycyclone: I believe you're looking for Bot Colony, responsible for two fantastic videos.

Hmm, doesn't look like it. This game had you send little drone bots with wheels into ships and you had to power lights and stuff and trap the enemies in the sealed rooms.

EDIT: Found it! Duskers.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

e: figured out it was only international pricing, and I apparently already own it so yaay.

My experience with old Steam sales in a nutshell

TreeTrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HITMAN is really great, I also bought and finished Edith Finch, that was really great too. I got Metal Gear Rising and the whole MGS V experience seems pretty cheap now so I'm seriously considering that, just trying to figure out if I have time to play that before the next sale.

TreeTrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@barrock said:

Has anyone played Wolfenstein: The Old Blood recently? Is it still rough on PC?

I finished it this year, I had a great time though I have a high-end system.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a923fc7099e3
    deactivated-5a923fc7099e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watch Dogs 2.

Dishonored 2.

DOOM.

ARMA3.

Serious Sam 3.

superjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

Night in the Woods is the only game on my Steam wishlist that's not on sale ($19.99).

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@therookie727: Steins;Gate is probably the best time travel story I've ever read, and it works so much better as a visual novel than an anime. Definitely recommend it.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
    alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got Skyrim on sale, so I am pretty happy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.