Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

Thief Games

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By valrog

I was looking through Steam and noticed that only the third game (Deadly Shadows) appears to be available. Is this a location restriction thing or are the first two games not on Steam at all? I was hoping for a Thief collection or something...

J12088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By J12088

Only the third here in the UK. Pity the first scared the hell out of me. Still own it actually.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By oraknabo

I have Thief Gold and it's a bitch to get running properly on new machines. The real reason it's not on Steam is probably more of a licensing issue though.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

Thief 3 is Ion Storm.

One and two might have licensing problems since Looking Glass no longer exists. Irrational Games is the closest successor. Not sure about the legal side of things. Eidos owns the publishing rights, which means it could very well appear on Steam at some point.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By august

My general feeling is that the games aren't available on DD services because the Dark Engine is extremely flighty on modern hardware. Some machines run it great, others... not so much.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.