Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

Voice chat and steam ( a issue)

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Jackel2072

Hello GB community!

I downloaded left 4 dead today. and im having an issue with voice. im using a USB logitech head set and i cant get the voice to only play through the head set and game sound to only play though my speakers. this is really annoying. I have been screwing around with the settings and having no luck. can someone shine a light on this issue for me?

Thank you

beej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By beej

I wish I could say the same twin.

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By benpicko

Holy shit. Two Dale Coopers.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By MrKlorox

One's just Bob. Somebody get a mirror in here.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By tebbit

Have a play around with the Windows sound mixer on the bottom right of your desktop while the game is running. You can usually mute or unmute things individually there. Hopefully that helps!

@MrKlorox said:

One's just Bob. Somebody get a mirror in here.

They never suspect the immoral, murderous ghost.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By crusader8463
    @Jackel2072: It sounds like a problem with what you have set as your default audio input/output. Assuming you have windows 7, just search "sound" and click on the one listed under control options, or go into the control panel and look for a window like this.
    No Caption Provided
    Then, through trial and error, change each one to default until you find the right settings to do what you need. If you are having problems with the mic picking up your voice you may also need to go into the recording tab in the same window and do the same thing. Just talk and see which one animates and that's the one you need to set.

If that doesn't work, then you will need to go into your sound cards settings and mess around with that. I have a creative audio blaster and in the settings I have it set up so that if I have head phones plugged into my speakers I hear the audio only in the headphones, but when they plug directly into the computer itself they come out of both. If that's the case I can't help ya, and you will just have to google for your specific sound card or go into it's settings and look for an option to disable it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.