Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jun 19, 2012

A reboot of the Steel Battalion series, bringing the series's complex cockpit control mechanics to the Xbox 360 using a combination of both the standard Xbox 360 controller and the Kinect's motion controls.

Kinect Based Mech Game?

Phr4nk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Phr4nk0

So I'm trying to figure out how this will work... No giant controller to buy, it's just onscreen and you use Kinect to handle it? Kinect body maps you to the mech and you have to be constantly doing the robot to play the game? That would sharpen my robot moves next time I hit the dance floor. Cross promotion with Dance Central robot dance training? Or just some gesture based crap, wave and to launch flairs etc? 

I'm intrigued...
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman  Online
    @Phr4nk0 said:

" Or just some gesture based crap, wave and to launch flairs etc? "

Most likely.

Kinect body maps you to the mech and you have to be constantly doing the robot to play the game? That would sharpen my robot moves next time I hit the dance floor. Cross promotion with Dance Central robot dance training?    

But oh my god this would be so much better!
    mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By mwng

I was kinda hoping Kinect would recognize my body sized controller from the last game and use that.

paradox121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By paradox121

I keep wondering this too. Along with any FPS/things that generally have you tapping B to hit something. I can understand doing a specific gesture but after a while...just no. Its a weird compromise. And one of the reasons most people are so down about Kinect.

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By matt

I'm all for another Steel Battalion game but I have no idea how you convert this

No Caption Provided
    into that

No Caption Provided
    Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Zereta
    @Matt: That's why we don't make games :P 

Can't wait for this one. If done right, this could be a freakin killer.
    MattOnTheSite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By MattOnTheSite

I would hope you'd sit down and move invisible levers and foot pedals to make your mech move.
    I don't know how they'd map all of the buttons, but I do have an idea for one of them.

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By Driadon

What worries me is that FromSoftware is making this and not NudeMaker (the guys that made the original two...yes they have a classy company name). This likely means we likely get a mach third person shooter and not the fucking awesome sim.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.