Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jun 19, 2012

A reboot of the Steel Battalion series, bringing the series's complex cockpit control mechanics to the Xbox 360 using a combination of both the standard Xbox 360 controller and the Kinect's motion controls.

Podcast Discussion of the Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BrockNRolla

After listening to the guys talk about Steel Battalion for Kinect, I'm honestly excited about the game. Maybe it's just me continuing to wish for a great Kinect game that isn't about dancing, but after listening to the podcast (03/06/12), I'm genuinely excited about what this game might turn out to be. Kinect and a controller? Now there's using your head.

Anyone else excited?

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By FiestaUnicorn

I though it sounded really cool. Their dedication to absurdity is refreshing.

Dogma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Dogma

It sounds cool. I will do my best to try this game when it is released. I don't own a Kinect but friends do. There is always a way.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Spoonman671

The game mechanics sound cool, but I'd rather have a giant stupid controller.

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jking47

Sounds pretty awesome, it has put me closer to buying a kinect (pretty much only this and happy action theatre look interesting though)

But if I am gonna spend all that money I might just buy the first one and get a kick ass controller. hard to decide between 2 very expensive toys.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BrockNRolla

@Spoonman671 said:

Agreed, but I also don't want to spend $200+ for something I can only use for one game.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Spoonman671
    @BrockNRolla said:

@Spoonman671 said:

Agreed, but I also don't want to spend $200+ for something I can only use for one game.

Weird.  I want all my games to come with their own $200 controller.
    WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By WickedCestus

I don't have a Kinect but I would steal one from someone I don't like in order to play this game.

Brackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Brackstone

The way they were describing it made me really want to try it, despite that most of the kinect lineup has been entirely unappealing. This game wasn't even on my radar until they mentioned it. All the crew interaction just sounds really fun and really stupid. That said part of the reason I'm interested is because it does still use a controller to some degree, and as such it seems to be capable of much more than the average motion controlled game.

A few of the moments they described on the bombcast are in this video, if anyone is interested. One particular moment about 3 minutes seems to sum up exactly why this game makes me want to play it.

I just love that they give her a unique reaction and everything, or even that they let you go all the way up there just to mock her. It makes me wonder what other ridiculous interactions they've built into the game. Though it's strange they gave a sound effect to shaking a bottle with nothing in it.

The rest of the game certainly looks interesting too, with the WW2 vibe being strangely fitting and Winfield Powers being an excellent name for a videogame protagonist.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BrockNRolla

@Brackstone: Thanks for the video. Hard to say how it would turn out or actually control, but hey, if they pull it off, it looks like a ton of fun.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By Brendan

@Spoonman671 said:

@BrockNRolla said:

@Spoonman671 said:

Weird. I want all my games to come with their own $200 controller.

Wait, are you serious? How would you afford that?

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By dichemstys

Sounds like something I'd enjoy on a certain conceptual level, but I could never wrap my head around it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.