Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steins;Gate 0

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Dec 10, 2015

A "true sequel" to the original Steins;Gate that takes place on an alternate timeline.

Steins;Gate 0 Coming To The West

Avatar image for bowl-of-lentils
    Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 28

#1  Edited By Bowl-of-Lentils
    No Caption Provided

PQube just announced that they will be releasing the PlayStation 4 and Vita versions of Steins;Gate 0 this year in both Europe and North America. No specific date was given but pQube will apparently be revealing more details at the MCM Comic-con in London this weekend.

Based on some tweets by one of the translators of the previous game it seems this localization is being worked on by 5pd.'s own in-house translation team, with pQube serving as the game's publisher for the console versions. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that JAST USA, or 5pd. themselves, are also planning on releasing the PC port in the west as well but I guess we'll have to wait and see on that.

Pretty exciting news, especially considering how we had to wait 5 years before the first Steins;Gate was translated and now Zero is potentially coming out only a few month after Japan.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Zeik

How ironic, I just finished watching the Steins;Gate anime for the first time a couple days ago. Maybe I shifted worldlines in the process.

I'll have to keep my eye on this. Especially if it's actually coming to consoles this time.

Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik said:

I'll have to keep my eye on this. Especially if it's actually coming to consoles this time.

The first Steins;Gate game did came out in English for the PS3 and Vita last year, thanks to the same publisher that is releasing Zero.

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I literally just checked on this yesterday. Rad.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Zeik

@lentfilms said:
    @zeik said:

The first Steins;Gate game did came out in English for the PS3 and Vita last year, thanks to the same publisher that is releasing Zero.

Oh really? When I looked into it all I found was info about the PC localization. Maybe I'll have to check that out while I wait, if I get the chance.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Do we know exactly what this is? Like does it take place in a different timeline or something?

Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@l1ghtn1n said:

This, Zero Time Dilemma, and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Spirit of Justice all in the same year. What a time, what a time.

I was just thinking the same thing. According to some leaks on Spanish retail sites, like Amazon, Steins;Gate 0 is rumored to come out at the end of August on the 26th. So that would be a big Japanese adventure game almost every month starting with Zero Escape in June, then Steins;Gate in August, and Ace Attorney in September! Very exciting.

wildpomme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By wildpomme

@hunter5024: It's a sequel, but an alternate timeline. I think it takes place after the end, but as if a certain something didn't happen. Okabe's demeanor on the box art should clue you in.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Zeik

@hunter5024 said:

Do we know exactly what this is? Like does it take place in a different timeline or something?

From what I've gathered, it is basically what happens to Okabe when he does not recieve that video text from his future self that leads into the true ending. So basically it's the part of the story leading up to the true ending that we didn't get to see. Technically I think that does make it an alternate timeline, but one that still ties directly back into the original plot.

LiesToChildren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LiesToChildren

Bonus points if they can pull off an August 21st release date.

grandCurator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes please! If there is some ridiculously expensive collector's edition, I don't care how much it is I'm getting it. S;G is absolutely fantastic and I imagine this will be the same.

joshth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is some seriously exciting and unexpected news

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man there's suppose to be an anime of this coming soon right?

It's gonna be forever before it's dubbed. Sigh...

wildpomme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrodactyl: Yeah, the anime has been greenlit, though I'm not sure it's been revealed when it'll happen. The last of the 2014 anime are just coming out on disc here in the US this year, and Funimation still hasn't released the Steins;Gate movie yet, so yeah you may be waiting a long time. However, if Funimation does license it, they could do a broadcast dub, which would be your saving grace.

Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Bowl-of-Lentils
    @pyrodactyl said:

Man there's suppose to be an anime of this coming soon right?

It's gonna be forever before it's dubbed. Sigh...

Well if the show simulcasted by Funimation, which wouldn't be surprising, than they would probably do a Broadcast Dub for the series like they've been doing with a lot of new shows. So most likely we'll be able to watch the Steins;Gate 0 anime dubbed pretty much as it comes out.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lentfilms: that sounds great. This is series that's way better dubbed. Also helps that the VO was great. Hopefully they can get the same cast

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@l1ghtn1n: @zeik: @razzuel: Thanks guys! I was a little worried about the idea of a sequel, but it sounds like they found some room for one that's potentially interesting without disrupting the storyline from the previous game.

stordoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 4

Can't wait. The original game was phenomenal (review), and what I've gleaned of the plot from the Japanese release (takes place [S;G spoiler] between Okabe accidentally killing Makise and Okabe receiving the True End video message, and [S;G0 premise spoiler] Makise being 'revived' as an AI) sounds fascinating.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

Oh, that's good news. I still need to crack open my vita copy of the other one and play through it. I've come very close to watching the anime several times, but I always see people say "play the vn first". I've not played very many visual novels in my time, but I got clannad not too long ago. Stein's gate is next on my list after that!

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#22  Edited By Bollard

@zeik said:

How ironic, I just finished watching the Steins;Gate anime for the first time a couple days ago. Maybe I shifted worldlines in the process.

What a weird coincidence, I just did the exact same. I can't wait. Hope the PS4 version comes with the PS4 re-release of the original Steins;Gate game like it did in Japan, because I want to play that now too.

Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Bowl-of-Lentils

There have been a bunch of news stories recently about the PC port of Steins;Gate 0 getting delayed by two months, it was originally going to come out in Japan on June 24th. 5pd. has said that the delay was for “various reasons” and set a new release date of August 26th.

What I, and many others online, find very interesting about this delay is that the PC port's new date is the same exact day of the rumored release date for the English Vita and PS4 versions Steins;Gate 0 that was leaked on various Spanish retail sites back in May. Perhaps this delay could mean that there is going to be a simultaneous release of the PC version in both Japan and the West? Guess we'll find out soon enough.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.