Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Stephen's Sausage Roll

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Apr 18, 2016

A puzzle game involving pushing sausages around to fully cook them.

Hint Exchange

gigadeathcrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By gigadeathcrime

I've been stuck on a puzzle for two days and can't stop thinking about sausages. All day, just sausages rolling around in my head. Could we exchange hints here (not solutions) to help make the sausages go away?

I'm stuck on The Backbone. I don't even know how to describe how stuck I am. I can't tell how much of this puzzle takes place in the overworld (i.e. initial sausage rotations and placement) and how much inside the actual level.

I offer hints for levels up to where I am, if anyone needs one.

I propose we use the 'progressive' style of hints where you offer more and more specific information. example:

Q: I'm stuck on understanding the concept of sausages

A:

1. A sausage is a thing.

2. You can eat it.

3. It is made of meat.

4. A sausage is an edible meat tube.

DanVit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By DanVit

Wish I could help, but I'm stuck on the very same level. Not sure how I should be starting this one.

EDIT: nvm GOT IT!

Hints for The Backbone:

Hint 1: The most obvious setup is the correct setup

Hint 2: Don't focus on the ladder, focus on the block

Hint 3: Don't ride the sausage across, ride the block across

Solution: Push the blue block down into the hole on the path. Move the sausage onto the north platform using the blue block. Use sausages anchored next to the brown blocks to push yourself on the blue block to the other side. Once on the other side, cook the sausages. Then, anchor all three sausages next to brown blocks to you can push yourself back on the blue block to the exit.

analyticalguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For anyone coming to this thread late, I would say that I disagree with DanVit's Hint 1.

I won't go into spoiler detail until I learn how to make spoiler tags, but I will say that my interpretation of that hint 1 led me to spend a chunk of time on what turned out to be a dead end.

DanVit, I still thank you for writing the progressive hints, but wanted to give a heads up in case anyone makes the same mistake I did.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.