Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released May 29, 2018

In celebration of the 30th anniversary of the Street Fighter series, Capcom released a fighting game compilation of the series' 12 main arcade games from the '80s and '90s.

Has the online community died?

drsalvador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By drsalvador

I picked this up the day it was out mainly to play Super Turbo on my PS4. I'm a fairly infrequent player as during my area of the globe's peak play hours (I'm in the UK/Ireland for reference) I'm usually occupied with other responsibilities such as work or family time.

The occasional evening I do get to myself I have been playing online, mostly casual matches and I've noticed it's becoming harder to find players and now usually when I do the connection isn't great.

I remember hearing a few people deep into the fighting game scene had some gripes about the netcode and other issues with the game. Have people just abandoned it entirely? Have Capcom commented on this at all? Seems a shame if this collection has been left to quietly die, it has so much potential to be great.

Anyone else feel the same/finding similar issues?

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I think it's a difficult proposition for a re-release to foster an online community.

It's already a product that caters to the die hard fan way more than new or casual players. And those that really want to continually play an old fighting game online have had the means to do so for a while.

TheRealSeaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By TheRealSeaman

@tesla said:

I think it's a difficult proposition for a re-release to foster an online community.

It's already a product that caters to the die hard fan way more than new or casual players. And those that really want to continually play an old fighting game online have had the means to do so for a while.

This collection has a poor rap among the people most likely to keep playing online after a week. The netcode sucks, 3S OE had no problem maintaining an online community (GGPO netcode). They should have ported that into this collection instead of releasing the inferior arcade version with **** netcode.

Capcom can't catch a break with fighting games. SFV is doing fine in eSports (still think it's boring) but on the whole every fighting game product has underperformed big time for them since 2016.

Weird because they seem to be doing fine with Resident Evil, Monster Hunter and the new Devil May Cry.

drsalvador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By drsalvador

@Tesla Yeah I see your point, just feel that Capcom have started to isolate even the die hard fans with their treatment of this release

Street Fighter, especially the older ones, can be a very frustrating game for beginners and I can see even the ones willing to tough it out being turned off by how much of a pain it can be to find a match with decent quality connection

belgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Most people who really want to play those games already do so, and have been, in fightcade/ggpo

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.