Hello! After the first Whiskey Fights featuring 3rd Strike, I was thinking what can be done to help expand 3rd Strike in Giant Bomb's fighting game community as well as improve each player's skills for future competition here and in their local area. After watching multiple ranking battles (or ranbats) from the now closed Japanese arcade Gamers Vision and Family Fun Arcade in the Southern California area, I was thinking that I should give it a try.
The tournament will begin on the dates below. Ready time will initiate at 1:00 PM and the tournament will begin at 2:00 PM. (Pacific Standard Time, UTC -8:00). If you want to play, please be on time or you can't play. No prizes for the ranbat season. You can enter as many or as few tournaments as you want.
9/30 - Warm-up practice session (Come by to help test) 10/6 - Warm-up practice session (READY TIME 1:00PM, START TIME 2:00PM) 10/13 - Season 1.1RESULTS 10/27 - Season 1.2RESULTS 11/10 - Season 1.3 RESULT: The Phantomnaut vs Mubress ft5. 5-3 Mubress
11/17 - Season 1.4
Schedule is tentative and dates might be pushed back depending on specific parameters.
This tournament will be on Xbox 360. So reply below with your XBL Gamertag and you will be sent a friend request by gamertag WMFightClub. You can also send in a request. There are no cut-off dates for the sign ups, just make sure to have the mentioned gamertag is on your list. The only thing that I want from you guys is to be on time.
The tournament player count is capped at 16 players per console BUT if there is demand, I will increase to 32! There has to be at least 3 players attending.
15 minutes or so before the start time, I will make a bracket either on paper or through Challonge.
Recommended: Open the necessary ports for XBL if you have a router.
- All characters allowed except Gill.
- Currently set to round robin style if less than 8 players. If beyond the the requirement, double elimination with 2/3 wins in standard ruleset with winners and losers finals at 3/5 and grand finals at 3/5 (with resets)
- Matches are in Player Match lobbies with the currently announced players ready to fight.
- Standard character selection.
- No character switching (you can play different characters in other matches) but loser can change super art.
- Judgement is in play.
- NO CHEATING OR GAME BREAKING BUGS
- Points are awarded as follows: 1st (10 points), 2nd (7 points), 3rd (5 Points), 4th (3 Points), 5th (2 Points), 7th (1 Point).
- If a disconnect occurs, the match must restart but any games won by any player will still be intact.
- If players can't connect to each other after multiple tries or if the match is significantly unplayable (I WILL BE WATCHING), it will be decided with a best to 2 quarter flip.
- During the tournament, you have to be in your match within 5 minutes after being announced to fight next or else you will automatically forfeit that match.
If guys have any questions or concerns, feel free to reply or PM me directly. Remember, I (or match recorder) WILL BE WATCHING THE MATCHES!
- Mubress - 25pts
- ThePhantomnaut - 22pts
- Caustic and BEN PACK DAWG - 7pts
- Bagmanforhire and jaycee13 - 3pts